News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Acts of Terrorism megathread

Started by mongers, August 04, 2016, 08:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on August 14, 2018, 11:14:12 AM
Sounds like it all went down with minimal damage. Thank God.

And really Mr. President?

It was so minor it took sometime before I'd even seen news coverage on it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Quote from: celedhring on August 20, 2018, 01:58:59 AM
Jihadi has tried to assault a police station in a Barcelona suburb, with a knife. Hasn't ended well for him. No other casualties.

Three days ago we had the first anniversary of the Barcelona terror attack.

Well, this took a bit of a turn. It now looks like this was a suicide by cop as the knife-wielder, devout muslim, struggled to cope with his homosexuality, according to his ex-wife. He left a note that's been leaked to the media, asking god to help him deal with a "curse".

Valmy

That is terrible. Poor bastard.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Likely terrorism?

Amsterdam station: Suspect shot after double stabbing

Two people have been wounded in a stabbing incident at Amsterdam's central railway station, Dutch police say.

The suspected attacker was shot and wounded by police. The motive is unclear and officials say an investigation is under way.

All three have been taken to hospital for treatment.

Some train services in and out of the station were suspended during the incident and two platforms closed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45367578
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Yes a terrorist. Excellent job by the Dutch police to spot him acting suspiciously and dealing with him so swiftly.

Amsterdam attack: Jihadist knifeman shot in nine seconds5 September 2018 

A 19-year-old Afghan who stabbed two American tourists in Amsterdam was shot just nine seconds after he launched his attack, the city's police chief has revealed.

Commissioner Pieter-Jaap Aalbersberg said a special "spotter" had been watching the suspect when he pulled out a knife at Amsterdam's central station.

Moments later teenager Jawed S was shot in the hip, he said.

The suspect's lawyer has revealed the man had expected to die in the attack.

Jawed S, an asylum seeker who arrived in Germany in 2015, had travelled by train to Amsterdam on Friday. The German authorities say they were tipped off in February that he had become radicalised while living at a youth facility.
How did attack unfold?

The Amsterdam police chief told Dutch TV that Jawed S had got off a train shortly before midday on Friday and a few minutes afterwards his "abnormal behaviour" had come to the notice of a member of a team of public transport police trained to spot potential pickpockets as well as potential terrorists.

"He called two colleagues over," said Mr Aalbersberg. "While they are working out how to go and talk to him, they see he starts stabbing."

One of the tourists was stabbed in the back at a kiosk before a second was attacked.

The police, who were by now 20m (65ft) away, drew their weapons. As Jawed S ran towards another potential victim, an officer opened fire and brought him down.

Within minutes, police had looked through CCTV images and determined that man had been acting on his own.

"There were two victims and that is very serious, but the number was kept to a minimum," the commissioner said.

"Within nine seconds it was over and the officers made the difference during one precise moment," he added, stressing that they had saved lives.

Full item here:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45419445

Valmy

Very disciplined and expertly done. Way to go dutch cops.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maladict

Well, it was bound to happen here sooner or later. People seem decidedly unimpressed, which is comforting.

Josquius

I hope this is kept off the main news.
I mean, if there was a stabbing in Amsterdam which wasn't related to a radicalised idiot but just a regular mugger would it be reported outside of Holland?
Cutting off their oxygen is the only way to stop them.
██████
██████
██████

DGuller

Quote from: Tyr on September 05, 2018, 11:56:18 AM
I don't know about that, shooting them seems to have done the trick at least in this case.

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on September 05, 2018, 11:56:18 AM
I hope this is kept off the main news.
I mean, if there was a stabbing in Amsterdam which wasn't related to a radicalised idiot but just a regular mugger would it be reported outside of Holland?

Never thought I'd live to see Tyr approvingly 'quoting' Thatcher.

mongers

Likely terror knife attack in Paris:

Paris knife attacker injures seven

Seven people have been injured, four seriously, in an attack by a man armed with a knife and an iron bar in the French capital, Paris, police say.
The man, said to be an Afghan national, was arrested. Sources said there was no indication it was a terrorist attack.
Several reports say two of those injured are British tourists.
The attack took place just before 23:00 (21:00 GMT) on the banks of a canal in the 19th arrondissement, in the north-east of the capital.
Sources said the man had attacked strangers, initially stabbing two men and a woman near the MK2 cinema on the Quai de Loire, along the Ourcq canal.
Several people playing the game pétanque nearby reportedly threw balls at the attacker to try to stop him.
The man was hit and fled. He then reportedly attacked the two British tourists on Henri Nogueres street.

Full item:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45468082

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: mongers on September 09, 2018, 07:49:52 PM

Seven people have been injured, four seriously, in an attack by a man armed with a knife and an iron bar in the French capital, Paris, police say.
The man, said to be an Afghan national, was arrested. Sources said there was no indication it was a terrorist attack.
The attack took place just before 23:00 (21:00 GMT) on the banks of a canal in the 19th arrondissement, in the north-east of the capital.
Sources said the man had attacked strangers, initially stabbing two men and a woman near the MK2 cinema on the Quai de Loire, along the Ourcq canal.
Several people playing the game pétanque nearby reportedly threw balls at the attacker to try to stop him.
The man was hit and fled. He then reportedly attacked the two British tourists on Henri Nogueres street.

Full item:

For now, it is still referred as an attack by a mentally unstable individual who happens to be Afghan.
All hail the NE Paris bobo counter-terrorist citizen force counter-attacking with pétanque balls.  :lol:

Malthus

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on September 11, 2018, 09:18:49 AM
Quote from: mongers on September 09, 2018, 07:49:52 PM

Full item:

For now, it is still referred as an attack by a mentally unstable individual who happens to be Afghan.
All hail the NE Paris bobo counter-terrorist citizen force counter-attacking with pétanque balls.  :lol:

You gotta admit, counter-attacking a knife-wielding maniac took real balls.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Liep

Explosion at a school on Crimea, apparently a bomb that has left at least 10 dead. :(

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45891201
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Quote from: Liep on October 17, 2018, 06:28:00 AM
Explosion at a school on Crimea, apparently a bomb that has left at least 10 dead. :(

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45891201

"Attackers were "running & throwing explosives," then "opening rooms & killing everyone they could find" with assault rifles"
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk