News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Acts of Terrorism megathread

Started by mongers, August 04, 2016, 08:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on March 27, 2018, 03:29:38 PM
Yes. That strand is about Austin...or rather stemmed from that.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on March 27, 2018, 04:30:30 PM

Yeah, grossly misused megathreads!

Remember back when it was possible to understand what a thread was about, since it was actually about something?  I miss those days.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Jacob

Quote from: grumbler on March 27, 2018, 04:45:21 PM
Quote from: Jacob on March 27, 2018, 04:30:30 PM

Yeah, grossly misused megathreads!

Remember back when it was possible to understand what a thread was about, since it was actually about something?  I miss those days.

I for one am perfectly happy with people starting individual threads rather than adding to megathreads.

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on March 27, 2018, 07:06:14 PM
I for one am perfectly happy with people starting individual threads rather than adding to megathreads.

I think megathreads are good for posts where one doesn't expect many, if any, responses to a post (like the books or ancient DNA megathreads), but not for big news like terrorist attacks.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Maladict

Deaths reported after a van is driven into a terrace in Münster. Driver has killed himself, so it was likely a planned attack.

Malicious Intent

Quote from: Maladict on April 07, 2018, 10:49:23 AM
Deaths reported after a van is driven into a terrace in Münster. Driver has killed himself, so it was likely a planned attack.

4 deaths, including the driver. Over 30 injured, with 6 of them in critical condition. Police found a suspicious object in the van, unclear if it is a bomb.
This was the first incident, were I had to check on my relatives, as my eldest sister and her husband are visiting their oldest son today, who is studying medicine in Münster. They actually were on the spot, but left 30 minutes before the attack.

garbon

Doesn't sound like it was a terrorist attack.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

No, it wasn't politically motivated.
Good to hear everyone's ok, Mal

Admiral Yi

29 year old guy shoots up Waffle House in Nashville, kills 2, while wearing no pants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QplflyN66vM

No footage of shooter not wearing pants, so SFW.

Solmyr

HVC

White Van mounted a curb in Toronto at 1 pm and killed 10 people.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

Are you sure that wasn't Rob Ford driving on crack?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on April 23, 2018, 02:08:33 PM
White Van mounted a curb in Toronto at 1 pm and killed 10 people.

Looks like the driver tried for suicide by cop, pretended to have a gun, but the cops just arrested him. Taken down without a shot.

https://globalnews.ca/video/4162221/video-captures-standoff-arrest-of-suspect-in-deadly-toronto-van-incident
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 23, 2018, 02:27:04 PM

That would be pretty scary, considering he's been dead for some time now ...
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on April 23, 2018, 03:20:49 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 23, 2018, 02:27:04 PM

That would be pretty scary, considering he's been dead for some time now ...

Given the area I thought Asian driver at first... than felt bad when I heard about the death toll
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.