Started by mongers, August 04, 2016, 08:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 12, 2017, 08:30:14 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 12, 2017, 06:23:54 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 23, 2017, 10:55:01 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 23, 2017, 06:35:35 AM
Quote from: derspiess on August 19, 2017, 10:20:50 PM
Poverty doesn't cause terrorism. Global warming does. Duh.

Global warming causes droughts which cause famine which cause starvation and poverty, which leads to violence. So, yes, yes it does. It was a major cause of the Syrian Civil War.

:lol:  Thanks Tim.

Don't know what's so funny about the truth.

Did it take you three weeks to come up with that?  :lol:

I just saw it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

Quote from: Iormlund on September 12, 2017, 02:20:13 PM
They are looking for 5 members of the religion of peace.

There might be a suspicious package in the Sagrada Familia. Lots of police, possibly bomb squad. Metro station has been closed down at lines 2 and 5.

False alarm.

Razgovory

Quote from: celedhring on September 13, 2017, 03:48:58 AM
Quote from: Iormlund on September 12, 2017, 02:20:13 PM
They are looking for 5 members of the religion of peace.

There might be a suspicious package in the Sagrada Familia. Lots of police, possibly bomb squad. Metro station has been closed down at lines 2 and 5.

False alarm.

But Sagrada, Missouri is still under a lake.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Solmyr

So, guess members of which religion in Russia are burning cars, threatening to bomb cinemas and commit other terrorist acts against a showing of a controversial historical film?

Hint: it's not Islam.

Eddie Teach

"Oh some Christians made bomb threats, so they're just as dangerous as Muslims who actually detonate bombs!"
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: Solmyr on September 14, 2017, 02:58:18 AM
So, guess members of which religion in Russia are burning cars, threatening to bomb cinemas and commit other terrorist acts against a showing of a controversial historical film?

Hint: it's not Islam.

Fucking wiccans.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Solmyr

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 14, 2017, 03:28:11 AM
"Oh some Christians made bomb threats, so they're just as dangerous as Muslims who actually detonate bombs!"

They actually burned a cinema in Yekaterinburg already. You don't think Russian Orthodox fundamentalists are dangerous?

Eddie Teach

They are people, so yes, they're dangerous. I would hazard a guess that the crime rate among Russian Orthodox is lower than the Russian population at large though.

Josquius

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 14, 2017, 03:28:11 AM

Islamic extremists are more competent.
Christians are more numerous where I live.
Six and two threes.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

They're not more competent, the Christian arsonists aren't trying to kill people.

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 14, 2017, 08:01:10 AM
They're not more competent, the Christian arsonists aren't trying to kill people.

I notice that you refuse to say "radical Christian terrorists."  Irony  isn't just the opposite of wrinkly.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

That would be ironic if I was one of the people getting worked up over that phrasing, which I'm not.

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on September 14, 2017, 07:53:53 AM
Six and two threes.

:bleeding: Whataboutism
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on September 14, 2017, 09:04:14 AM
Six and two threes.

Bad math.

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on September 14, 2017, 09:04:14 AM
Six and two threes.

That's not whataboutism. I mean, you may think it's a weak point, but he's not changing the topic of discussion by saying "what about...."