News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Acts of Terrorism megathread

Started by mongers, August 04, 2016, 08:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

"Our" as in Barcelona. Last was ETA bombing in Hipercor in 1987.

celedhring

I'm expecting a high death toll btw. That place, at this time of the day and year, is *packed* with people.  :(

Heck, I was there this morning.

Tamas

Well at least you will have the Eifel tower in Spanish colours tonight! That will be sufficient replacement to any action to address this larger issue.

celedhring

Spanish passport found in the van, belonging to a citizen from Melilla (so ethnically arab, but a Spanish national).

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on August 17, 2017, 11:43:32 AM
Well at least you will have the Eifel tower in Spanish colours tonight! That will be sufficient replacement to any action to address this larger issue.

You are being terrible again.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on August 17, 2017, 11:46:22 AM

I know.

But, we stand together, and the terrorists will not break the spirit of Barcelona!

Tamas

CountDeMoney

Real Madrid fans usually are.

Tamas

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 17, 2017, 11:54:30 AM

Real Madrid fans usually are.

Ok NOW I am insulted. Real Madrid is the most despicable football club on the planet.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on August 17, 2017, 11:49:07 AM

I know.

But, we stand together, and the terrorists will not break the spirit of Barcelona!

Hard on muslims, soft on nazis. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on August 17, 2017, 11:59:16 AM

I know.

Soft on nazis? that's what you have taken from all that discussion? It was very much wasted on you then.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on August 17, 2017, 12:00:21 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 17, 2017, 11:59:16 AM

I know.

Soft on nazis? that's what you have taken from all that discussion? It was very much wasted on you then.

No, but your bigotry is rising again.

Jacob

Hey Tamas - it's generally considered decent to leave the political posturing at least until the incident has finished.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Jacob on August 17, 2017, 12:13:45 PM
Hey Tamas - it's generally considered decent to leave the political posturing at least until the incident has finished.

That's so 2005.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on August 17, 2017, 12:13:45 PM

Indeed.