And we're back!

Main Menu

Acts of Terrorism megathread

Started by mongers, August 04, 2016, 08:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Brain on August 09, 2017, 04:05:03 AM
French soldiers attacked by a car.

Car was a BMW... Hmm I sense a young male driver from the Middle East.

Hmm. Close. In Anglo common parlance you would be right, but the "driver" was North African, Algerian to be precise.
Was he whitewashed by the French media?  They did not say he was black.  :hmm:

Josquius

Another car attack. Virginia this time.

██████
██████
██████

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on August 12, 2017, 04:53:00 PM
Decontexualizing events is great.

I think classifying white supremacist and neo nazi terror attacks as terror attacks is legitimate.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on August 12, 2017, 06:54:12 PM
*Derspeiss*  "Probably Amish"

*Trump*  "Both the racists and the nigger lovers need to stop this violence"

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 12, 2017, 07:13:06 PM

Donald is so weak-willed he can't even condemn actual Nazis because he's afraid to lose their vote.  :Embarrass:

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

I hate him so much.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Savonarola

Quote from: Tyr on August 13, 2017, 05:54:59 AM
Satire, but, yeah...

http://newsthump.com/2017/08/13/driving-a-car-into-people-you-hate-only-terrorism-if-driver-is-brown-confirms-us-media/

???

CNN.com described this as terrorism in it's headline yesterday (today it's using the term "Terror.")

A quick scan in Google shows news services as diverse as Vice, The Washington Examiner, NPR, Fox News, ABC, Salon, Slate, and the Boston Herald all use the term "Terror" or "Terrorism" in their articles about this attack.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Liep

No one in Danish media is calling it terrorism or terror, but of course they're busy with the submarine murder mystery.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Savonarola on August 13, 2017, 06:13:37 AM
Quote from: Tyr on August 13, 2017, 05:54:59 AM
Satire, but, yeah...

http://newsthump.com/2017/08/13/driving-a-car-into-people-you-hate-only-terrorism-if-driver-is-brown-confirms-us-media/

???

CNN.com described this as terrorism in it's headline yesterday (today it's using the term "Terror.")

A quick scan in Google shows news services as diverse as Vice, The Washington Examiner, NPR, Fox News, ABC, Salon, Slate, and the Boston Herald all use the term "Terror" or "Terrorism" in their articles about this attack.

So what, as Garbon seems to disagree.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 13, 2017, 04:05:04 AM

I hate him so much.

I told you, you were safer where you are.  Don't come back, there's nothing for you here.