News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Acts of Terrorism megathread

Started by mongers, August 04, 2016, 08:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Liep

ISIS claimed responsibility for the shooting. A weird move since he was just trying to shoot his way out of a drug arrest, but whatever floats their boat.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Richard Hakluyt

They'll be claiming responsibility for blocked sinks and toilets next  :P

mongers

Two Belgian policemen just now stabbed in Brussels:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37563836

Brussels police stabbed in 'terror attack'

Two police officers have been stabbed in Brussels in a possible terrorist incident, Belgian prosecutors say.

One officer was stabbed in the neck and another in the stomach, while a third officer who arrived at the scene in Schaerbeek district suffered a broken nose, Belgian broadcaster VRT reports.

The attacker was shot in the leg and taken away by ambulance.

Authorities have named the attacker as Hicham D, 43, of Belgian nationality.

A witness told RTBF news that a man with a knife knocked a police officer to the ground before turning on a second officer.

"We have reason to believe that the incident was a terrorist attack," a spokesman for the Belgian federal prosecutor's office, Eric Van Der Sypt, said.

Belgian prosecutors said the officers had not suffered life-threatening injuries.

The attack happened near a main road in a region linked to previous terror attacks.

It comes just hours after commuters were evacuated from Brussels Nord station over a bomb scare.

Belgium has been on high alert following attacks in Brussels on the airport and the city's metro system in March, which killed 35 people and injured more than 300.

The attacks were claimed by the Islamic State (IS) militant group.

edit:

Post updated for later details
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Liep

Busy times, Istanbul yesterday with more than 20 dead and now a bombing in Cairo.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Quote from: Liep on December 11, 2016, 04:44:28 AM
Busy times, Istanbul yesterday with more than 20 dead and now a bombing in Cairo.

And googling terror attacks gives me, Mogadishu, Madagali, Aden and Mosul with more than 20 dead in each bombing just in the last few days as well.

Maybe rename thread to minor terrorist attacks in or close to Europe?  :hmm: :(

Grinning_Colossus

Turkey blames every bombing on the PKK, even ones carried out by ISIS (or Turkish Intelligence  :ph34r:), but since this one targeted police, they probably actually were behind it.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Liep

Potentially not so minor, but a Libyan plane just landed in Malta and is supposedly hijacked. 118 people on board.

mongers

Quote from: Liep on December 23, 2016, 06:04:06 AM
Potentially not so minor, but a Libyan plane just landed in Malta and is supposedly hijacked. 118 people on board.

Probably people just desperate to get out of Libya, you know the liberal intervention of Dave Cameron, me and all of the other do gooders, the one that turned out so well.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on December 23, 2016, 09:33:50 AM
Probably people just desperate to get out of Libya, you know the liberal intervention of Dave Cameron, me and all of the other do gooders, the one that turned out so well.

Did youse guys ever pay back the bombs you mooched?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 23, 2016, 03:56:45 PM

No joke. "Leading from behind" = "getting stuck with the check."  Oh, sorry, "chequeue"

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 23, 2016, 03:59:27 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 23, 2016, 03:56:45 PM

No joke. "Leading from behind" = "getting stuck with the check."  Oh, sorry, "chequeue"

You're learning! :hug:

Though it's cheque actually.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.