"Reparations" site invites white people to give free stuff to minorities

Started by Fireblade, July 30, 2016, 12:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Quote from: Martinus on July 31, 2016, 01:01:35 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 30, 2016, 09:09:34 PM
Quote from: Martinus on July 30, 2016, 11:55:50 AM
But it's not an insult as much as it is a simile.

Essentially, the philosophy of this insult is that "wife" is a metaphor for your culture/background/civilization (in this case the Western civilization), and someone who is a "kind and sensitive person" is letting someone else fuck it while he watches it helplessly.

It has absolutely nothing to do with an attack at the person's marital life.

It seems quite a few of the Alt-right take it literally. 

Er, ok?

Did you take time to create this collage? Why don't you make another one with BLM leftists calling for killing of cops?

I don't think Raz went to college but nice try.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on July 31, 2016, 01:01:35 AM

Er, ok?

Did you take time to create this collage? Why don't you make another one with BLM leftists calling for killing of cops?

No, I simply found it in a search.  You trying to compare to Black Lives Matter not surprising.  Blacks  are Westerners, they are Americans.  They are not some incompatible culture.  What does makes them the enemy of the Alt-right is race.

The person that all these twits are angry at is named Roosh Valizadeh, some sort of pick up artist who writes books https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roosh_V.  He was attracted to the Alt-right through the pitiful ideas of "men's rights" and the general political incorrectness.  He was not welcome into the fold.  His Middle Eastern ancestry and dark skin were incompatible with Alt-Right.  Not his "culture" (which is American).  He is exactly what those screaming "kind and sensitive person" fear most, dark skinned men fucking white women.

Now Minstrel Milo can shuck and jive all he wants about culture and metaphors, but the real truth is this is about race, and Alt-right understand "kind and sensitive person" to be sexual in nature not some elegant insult derived from allegory.  It's Julius Streicher not Voltaire.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

celedhring

If the Alt-Right has now branded Valizadeh as an enemy I think it's pretty much a "whoever loses, we win" scenario.

Jacob

Quote from: celedhring on July 31, 2016, 10:57:21 AM
If the Alt-Right has now branded Valizadeh as an enemy I think it's pretty much a "whoever loses, we win" scenario.

Worth noting for those who are attracted to the alt right but are not straight white men; they'll turn on you eventually.

Martinus

Quote from: Jacob on July 31, 2016, 11:21:21 AM

Worth noting for those who are attracted to the alt right but are not straight white men; they'll turn on you eventually.

Yeah, it's a cesspool. But so is far left (including movements like BLM and Bernie Bros). I guess this makes Hillary a better choice to support, because she pisses off both sides of this quagmire, whereas Trump only pisses off one.

The Brain

With Milo off Twitter Mart will never have an opinion again. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Hamilcar

Quote from: Martinus on July 31, 2016, 01:03:21 PM

Yeah, it's a cesspool. But so is far left (including movements like BLM and Bernie Bros). I guess this makes Hillary a better choice to support, because she pisses off both sides of this quagmire, whereas Trump only pisses off one.

The alt right is just the logical conclusion of identity politics. If the only way to get status is being a victimized group, white people will go become a victimized group. Identity politics is the tiger shark tearing apart the intestines of Western society.

Martinus

Quote from: Hamilcar on July 31, 2016, 01:18:47 PM
Quote from: Martinus on July 31, 2016, 01:03:21 PM

The alt right is just the logical conclusion of identity politics. If the only way to get status is being a victimized group, white people will go become a victimized group. Identity politics is the tiger shark tearing apart the intestines of Western society.

Yeah, they are mirror images of each other.

Jaron

The difference, of course, is that within living memory most of the other groups besides white males have faced political and social persecution so maybe the defensiveness is warranted. I don't think its about white males wanting to be a victimized group for status, its more likely discomfort with losing dominant status.

That said, do I think some groups take it too far - like in this case? Yes.

But identity politics are rooted in necessity and survival.

Hamilcar

Quote from: Jaron on July 31, 2016, 01:36:47 PM
The difference, of course, is that within living memory most of the other groups besides white males have faced political and social persecution so maybe the defensiveness is warranted. I don't think its about white males wanting to be a victimized group for status, its more likely discomfort with losing dominant status.

You get an A+ in Social Justice 101. Yay!

Jaron

Quote from: Hamilcar on July 31, 2016, 01:38:38 PM
Quote from: Jaron on July 31, 2016, 01:36:47 PM

You get an A+ in Social Justice 101. Yay!

So, what is your take on this then? How should these groups address the discrimination they face?

Martinus

Wouldn't that depend on the social class the white male belongs to? I suppose low/working class white male may actually have fewer options available than low/working class member of any other group.

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on July 31, 2016, 01:43:18 PM
Wouldn't that depend on the social class the white male belongs to? I suppose low/working class white male may actually have fewer options available than low/working class member of any other group.

Except they're practically tossed into the boardroms of Fortune 500 companies.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Hamilcar

Quote from: Jaron on July 31, 2016, 01:40:45 PM
So, what is your take on this then? How should these groups address the discrimination they face?

Get back to work.

Jaron

That doesn't even make sense. That's just a "Should be seen, not heard" mentality.