"Reparations" site invites white people to give free stuff to minorities

Started by Fireblade, July 30, 2016, 12:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireblade

QuoteA new website inviting white people to provide minorities with free goods, services, and financial assistance as a means of "reparations" has been launched.
"Reparations.me" is a website that takes the principles of crowdsourcing and applies them to white liberal guilt. It invites minorities to request free stuff — ranging from favours and "emotional support" to money. It then invites white people (or "people who identify as white," to use the website's definition) to provide them.

Examples on the site include a request for free video games, for help covering tuition fees at the University of Pennsylvania, and, bizarrely, an offer to argue with white people on behalf of minorities.

The site was created by Natasha Marin, who describes herself on her personal website as a "poet and interdisciplinary artist" and claims to have received grants from the cities of Austin and Seattle for "community projects involving text-based, visual, performance, and multimedia art."

The idea for Reparations.me was born in a Facebook event created by Marin on July 15, 2016, in which she encouraged minorities to, well, ask for free things from white people.

Marin's idea has moved off Facebook onto a self-contained site that roughly follows the principles of crowdfunding. Minorities are allowed to post "requests" on the site that can subsequently be fulfilled by white people. White people, meanwhile, are allowed to post "offers" of their services.

These services don't have to be material, of course. One white poster, for example, offers what she calls "emphatic listening." The poster, Meagan, claims to be trained in "Emotional Freedom Technique and Nonviolent Communication" and offers "peer-counselling style sessions over phone or Skype."

What about the requests? Well, they can be a little more ... material.

The latest request on the site, for example, calls for help paying tuition fees for his UPenn math course. Another request asks for food and housing, while one poster just wants free video games from white people. (The poster calls it "gaming therapy.")

Multiple other requests simply ask for financial assistance. One asks for a "financial blessing," while another wants help to "get on their feet." Another requester asked for help to improve their credit score. All of the requests cite personal misfortunes in their posts, ranging from personal clinical anxiety to raising an autistic child. However, it's unclear if the site has taken any steps to verify their stories.

http://reparations.me

I figured this is something all of you cucks would be interested in. :)

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Fireblade

Quote from: Jaron on July 30, 2016, 12:04:48 AM
Jacob this site is custom made for you.

[OFFER] My wife to provide personal services to an oppressed minority

Fireblade

Okay times, to assuage my white guilt and atone for the sins of my ancestors, I posted:

[OFFER] Sexual gratification for a clean, attractive, 18-25 year old Latina

It's the least I could do to make up for my white privilege. :(

Martinus

Fireblade

Quote from: Martinus on July 30, 2016, 12:17:11 AM
Surely this must be a prank.  :lol:

Never underestimate the willingness of kind and sensitive persons like Jacob to share with minorities. :)

Martinus

Pity that wasn't around when Kanye was asking Zuckerberg for money.

Admiral Yi

QuoteThe site was created by Natasha Marin, who describes herself on her personal website as a "poet and interdisciplinary artist"

This is where I stopped reading.

Hamilcar

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 30, 2016, 01:18:58 AM
QuoteThe site was created by Natasha Marin, who describes herself on her personal website as a "poet and interdisciplinary artist"

This is where I stopped reading.

You're missing out.

QuoteThe poster, Meagan, claims to be trained in "Emotional Freedom Technique and Nonviolent Communication"

Martinus

The Brain

11B4V

Quote from: Fireblade on July 30, 2016, 12:01:40 AM
QuoteA new website inviting white people to provide minorities with free goods, services, and financial assistance as a means of "reparations" has been launched.
"Reparations.me" is a website that takes the principles of crowdsourcing and applies them to white liberal guilt. It invites minorities to request free stuff — ranging from favours and "emotional support" to money. It then invites white people (or "people who identify as white," to use the website's definition) to provide them.

Examples on the site include a request for free video games, for help covering tuition fees at the University of Pennsylvania, and, bizarrely, an offer to argue with white people on behalf of minorities.

The site was created by Natasha Marin, who describes herself on her personal website as a "poet and interdisciplinary artist" and claims to have received grants from the cities of Austin and Seattle for "community projects involving text-based, visual, performance, and multimedia art."

The idea for Reparations.me was born in a Facebook event created by Marin on July 15, 2016, in which she encouraged minorities to, well, ask for free things from white people.

Marin's idea has moved off Facebook onto a self-contained site that roughly follows the principles of crowdfunding. Minorities are allowed to post "requests" on the site that can subsequently be fulfilled by white people. White people, meanwhile, are allowed to post "offers" of their services.

These services don't have to be material, of course. One white poster, for example, offers what she calls "emphatic listening." The poster, Meagan, claims to be trained in "Emotional Freedom Technique and Nonviolent Communication" and offers "peer-counselling style sessions over phone or Skype."

What about the requests? Well, they can be a little more ... material.

The latest request on the site, for example, calls for help paying tuition fees for his UPenn math course. Another request asks for food and housing, while one poster just wants free video games from white people. (The poster calls it "gaming therapy.")

Multiple other requests simply ask for financial assistance. One asks for a "financial blessing," while another wants help to "get on their feet." Another requester asked for help to improve their credit score. All of the requests cite personal misfortunes in their posts, ranging from personal clinical anxiety to raising an autistic child. However, it's unclear if the site has taken any steps to verify their stories.

http://reparations.me

I figured this is something all of you kind and sensitive persons would be interested in. :)

They ought to be give us suit.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

celedhring

(The poster calls it "gaming therapy.")

Need to keep this on file for when I spend too much time playing some games. Warhammer Total War must be surely great for my spiritual healing.