News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Attack in Nice on July 14th

Started by Duque de Bragança, July 14, 2016, 05:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on July 14, 2016, 05:36:46 PM
Not seeing anything about the hostage taking in the media. Is it confirmed? Hoping that part is a false alarm...

Just officially denied on LCI.

People in Nice are strongly advised to stay home.

Duque de Bragança

Police in Nice says now 73 people were killed. (Le Figaro).

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: mongers on July 14, 2016, 05:27:34 PM
Photo shown on AJ depicts a white 2/3-axle non-articulated lorry with extensive damage to its front, stopped on the road. 

The all white vehicle with no obvious logos suggests what? That it might have been a rented truck??

From Le Monde through a local newspaper (Nice-Matin)

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 14, 2016, 05:47:47 PM

Duque, sad that you had to open two threads on Bastille day with such contrasting themes.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: mongers on July 14, 2016, 05:51:02 PM

Duque, sad that you had to open two threads on Bastille day with such contrasting themes.  :(

I am afraid the timing matters little actually. Give or take a day, it's 60-70 dead plus hundreds of injured. The state of emergency was supposed to end after the Tour de France. Euro 2016-style security measures were still in place.

celedhring

I can't see what kind of security measures could have stopped an attack like this particular one, really.

Hamilcar

Quote from: celedhring on July 14, 2016, 06:01:21 PM
I can't see what kind of security measures could have stopped an attack like this particular one, really.

You go and find everyone who has contact with ISIS propaganda and if they are not French citizens, you deport them immediately. If they are dual citizens, strip them of French citizenship and deport them immediately. If they are solely French citizens, send them for in-depth de-radicalization followed by permanent monitoring.

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 14, 2016, 05:59:53 PM
Quote from: mongers on July 14, 2016, 05:51:02 PM

I am afraid the timing matters little actually. Give or take a day, it's 60-70 dead plus hundreds of injured. The state of emergency was supposed to end after the Tour de France. Euro 2016-style security measures were still in place.

Yes, the Tour de France must be a real worry, as the least dangerous attack might be someone pushing the favourite down and still gaining massive publicity. And then all the way up to suicide bombings, that realistically they can't possibly check for on hundreds of miles of public roads.

Josquius

Trump: when will we learn.
Am I correct to read absolute fucknuttery in this?
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Hamilcar on July 14, 2016, 06:03:02 PM

You go and find everyone who has contact with ISIS propaganda and if they are not French citizens, you deport them immediately. If they are dual citizens, strip them of French citizenship and deport them immediately. If they are solely French citizens, send them for in-depth de-radicalization followed by permanent monitoring.

If you do that then Muslims will hate France.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Hamilcar

Quote from: The Brain on July 14, 2016, 06:14:08 PM
Quote from: Hamilcar on July 14, 2016, 06:03:02 PM

If you do that then Muslims will hate France.

Day late, dollar short.

Duque de Bragança

For some reason the Élysée Palace (French president residency) still does not want to say it's a terrorist attack. Just a criminal act.  :hmm:

A video of the lorry picking up pace to crush people has been shown on French TV.

Hamilcar

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 14, 2016, 06:17:59 PM
For some reason the Élysée Palace (French president residency) still does not want to say it's a terrorist attack. Just a criminal act.  :hmm:

A video of the lorry picking up pace to crush people has been shown on French TV.

Mustn't appear racist at all cost.

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 14, 2016, 06:17:59 PM

By the looks of the lorry windscreen, some police managed to get some shots into the moving vehicle as it passed?