News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Rio Olympics - Shaping up to be a disaster?

Started by Berkut, July 05, 2016, 08:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Clearly he couldn't mean the sophisticated beacon of civilization that is Alabama.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on July 06, 2016, 01:16:14 PM
Probably meant Texas!

East Texas maybe. Well ok probably South Texas and the Rio Grande Valley as well.

Though West Texas can get pretty low rent.

And some places in North Texas.

But besides East, South, West, and North Texas I don't know what he could be referring to.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on July 06, 2016, 01:20:34 PM
Probably meant Texas!

East Texas maybe. Well ok probably South Texas and the Rio Grande Valley as well.

But besides East, South, West, and North Texas I don't know what he could be referring to.

Austin :contract:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on July 06, 2016, 01:23:09 PM
Austin :contract:

Are you implying Austin is does not lie on any point of the compass but rather exists in some kind of ethereal heavenly place that cannot be be accurately measured? Because I agree!

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on July 06, 2016, 01:20:34 PM
Probably meant Texas!

:lol:

alfred russel

Quote from: Hamilcar on July 06, 2016, 12:20:04 PM
TBH, when I visit the U.S., large parts feel like a third world country.

Check you privilege.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Quote from: dps on July 06, 2016, 08:00:47 AM
Quote from: The Larch on July 06, 2016, 03:53:55 AM

And if you guys consider Brasil to be 3rd world, what does that make of the real 3rd world?

Brazil doesn't have a fully developed modern economy, and they're not a Communist country.  That makes 'em Third World.  A less shitty part of the Third World than, say, Haiti or the Sudan, but still Third World.

If you were to visit say Paris, Rio, and Port au Prince, I don't think the outlier would be Paris.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

Hey Valmy, what exactly do people mean when they say East Texas?  I've heard Texicans crack on East Texas before, so I'm curious. 

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 06, 2016, 02:15:53 PM
Hey Valmy, what exactly do people mean when they say East Texas?  I've heard Texicans crack on East Texas before, so I'm curious. 

East Texas is where the culture most resembles that of the South. Also it is heavily wooded so it tends to look like it as well. It is also where most of our Cotton Plantations were back in the day. It is sometimes called 'Western Mississippi'.

Generally it is all the area north of Houston and east of I-35 corridor.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Valmy on July 06, 2016, 01:14:53 PM
Clearly he couldn't mean the sophisticated beacon of civilization that is Alabama.

Are you comparing Alabama with a third world country?  :o
What a horrible person you are!  :mad: Why insult poor third world counties like that?!
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Hamilcar

Quote from: alfred russel on July 06, 2016, 02:11:55 PM

Check you privilege.

Thanks for the reminder, I checked it, and it's appropriate.

Malthus

Read the collected works of Joe Lansdale and you will know all there is to know of East Texas.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Quote from: Hamilcar on July 06, 2016, 02:43:23 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on July 06, 2016, 02:11:55 PM

Check you privilege.

Thanks for the reminder, I checked it, and it's appropriate.

CHECK IT AGAIN
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on July 06, 2016, 02:19:05 PM

East Texas is where the culture most resembles that of the South. Also it is heavily wooded so it tends to look like it as well. It is also where most of our Cotton Plantations were back in the day. It is sometimes called 'Western Mississippi'.

Generally it is all the area north of Houston and east of I-35 corridor.
I was wondering, does Texas make good wine?  There aren't any on sale over here, but looking at Wikipedia, it seems there's a growing wine industry over there.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.