News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Happy Birthday America

Started by Admiral Yi, July 04, 2016, 07:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I've been here too long. Only remembered about the 4th on Dominion day. :weep:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on July 04, 2016, 10:55:06 AM

I'm so proud - my work here on Languish has meant something after all. :cry:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on July 04, 2016, 10:55:48 AM

Actually I recall it because of the Canadian employees being off work / I always rant about how Canada couldn't even manage to pick its own month. Had to glom on to America's. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on July 04, 2016, 10:57:38 AM

Actually I recall it because of the Canadian employees being off work / I always rant about how Canada couldn't even manage to pick its own month. Had to glom on to America's. <_<

I was referring to the fact that you called the day by it's correct name.  :cool:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on July 04, 2016, 11:09:03 AM
I was referring to the fact that you called the day by it's correct name.  :cool:

garbon

Quote from: garbon on July 04, 2016, 10:57:38 AM

Well if were were adults before the 80s. :blush:

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 04, 2016, 11:27:43 AM

Whoops.

Anyways, Happy July 4th USAians.  :)

garbon

garbon

https://www.yahoo.com/news/putin-says-hopes-us-russia-ties-back-track-094604272.html?nhp=1

QuoteJuly 4 message from Putin to Obama: Let's have better ties

Russian President Vladimir Putin said Monday in a July Fourth message to President Barack Obama that he hopes ties between the two countries will get back on track.

Relations between Moscow and Washington hit a post-Cold War low in 2014, when Russia annexed Ukraine's Crimean Peninsula and threw its weight behind separatists in eastern Ukraine. The Kremlin, however, has recently sought rapprochement with the United States.

In the Independence Day message released by the Kremlin, Putin recalled the history of Russia-U.S. ties, saying that at one time the two countries were able to solve "the most difficult international problems to the benefit of both our nations and all humankind." Putin expressed hope that this experience will help the two countries get back to working together.

Elsewhere in Moscow, a youth wing of the ruling United Russia party staged an impromptu exhibit on a central square to condemn U.S. military involvement in other countries. The Young Guard activists put up easels with the portraits and quotes of former world leaders that the activists claim were toppled by the United States, like Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych or Libyan President Moammar Gadhafi.

"Under its current leadership, the United States has become a parasite state that attacks other countries under any pretext, violating their sovereignty, causing revolutions, using military force, killing civilians and their destroying statehood," activist Denis Davydov said. "We call on the United States on the Independence Day not only to preserve their own independence but also respect the independence of other countries."

Putin officially is not a United Russia member despite having canvassed for the party in the past. Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev has been recently announced as party leader for the upcoming parliamentary campaign.

fromtia

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 04, 2016, 10:38:32 AM

:hmm:

So your green card marriage didn't last, eh?  :P

After a ten year stint of utter bullshit I am happy to report that I have been formerly married for 7 long happy years. Long may it continue.  :)
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

katmai

:D fromita

I have day off only because of which day of week it falls on this year.

But if course it is pouring rain so slipping parade and doubt much of a BBQ that co workers planned will be happening.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

dps

I gotta work an overnight shift starting at 2200 so I been sleeping most of the day and just got up.

Jacob

I'm enjoying a quiet day at work. Our American partners are all out of the office, so it's pleasantly low pressure today :)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on July 04, 2016, 06:48:03 PM
I'm enjoying a quiet day at work. Our American partners are all out of the office, so it's pleasantly low pressure today :)

I can call you a kind and sensitive person for the next hour or so. If you want.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 04, 2016, 06:51:06 PM
I can call you a kind and sensitive person for the next hour or so. If you want.

I appreciate the offer. Very thoughtful :hug:

It's not the same, though. Besides, I'm going home in a few minutes anyhow.