The Summer 2016 UK Political and Constitutional Crisis

Started by mongers, June 20, 2016, 05:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Even putting aside all of the turmoil within the political parties, this Autumn's probable general election looks like it might well see a major rearrangement of UK political landscape once the electorate have had their say.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

UK in EU ................ Cameron Out..May In ....?....?..?.....?..UK Out ( UK no more?)

Ed Anger

I still think the Duke of York should have raised an army and set Scotland aflame.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

celedhring

Quote from: derspiess on July 13, 2016, 05:27:48 PM
Did May win?

I haven't seen it reported in the baseball thread so I'm not sure yet.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

mongers

The new May governments first notable action is a rather Trumpesque one, namely with only a few hours to go, cancelling the signing ceremony on the new Hinkley Point nuclear power station.   :hmm:

edit:
News article here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36921785

Tamas

Quote from: mongers on July 29, 2016, 07:50:20 AM
The new May governments first notable action is a rather Trumpesque one, namely with only a few hours to go, cancelling the signing ceremony on the new Hinkley Point nuclear power station.   :hmm:

edit:
News article here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36921785

I am assuming this current cabinet/influence circle did not get a cut from the French bribe money the previous cabinet received, so cancelling is only prudent.

Richard Hakluyt

There is a perfectly logical reason for not going ahead with the power station. By the time it is finished Bake Off will no longer be on television and thus the station will not be needed  :contract: