News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How Privileged Are You

Started by garbon, June 20, 2016, 02:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

https://www.buzzfeed.com/regajha/how-privileged-are-you?utm_term=.vrlpwLyMZ#.ivZebYLKJ

QuoteYou live with 48 out of 100 points of privilege.

You're not privileged at all. You grew up with an intersectional, complicated identity, and life never let you forget it. You've had your fair share of struggles, and you've worked hard to overcome them. We do not live in an ideal world and you had to learn that the hard way. It is not your responsibility to educate those with more advantages than you, but if you decide you want to, go ahead and send them this quiz. Hopefully it will help.

Boom! (Though I'm not sure why this recently resurfaced on buzzfeed)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Pffft, awful choices...who hasn't been called a fag; it's called junior high school.

And who wouldn't want to touch my hair, it's fucking gorgeous.

The Brain

What a horrible questionnaire.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 20, 2016, 02:25:02 PM
Pffft, awful choices...who hasn't been called a fag; it's called junior high school.

I haven't ever been called 'dyke'. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Barrister

QuoteHow Privileged Are You?

You live with 70 out of 100 points of privilege.
You're quite privileged. You've had a few struggles, but overall your life has been far easier than most. This is not a bad thing, nor is it something to be ashamed of. But you should be aware of your advantages and work to help others who don't have them. Thank you for checking your privilege.

:cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

This guidance from the central committee on who we should feel sorry for is very helpful.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on June 20, 2016, 02:28:42 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 20, 2016, 02:25:02 PM

I haven't ever been called 'dyke'. -_-

You are not hairy enough.

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 20, 2016, 02:29:13 PM
This guidance from the central committee on who we should feel sorry for is very helpful.

I love that garbose has to stoop to accessing buzzfeed to feed his persecution complex. With his education, job and flat in central London, he is one of the most privileged people here. But he sucks dick, so he has it worse than a starving child in Ethiopia, apparently.

Liep

"You're among the most privileged people in the world."

And I don't even have cable. I mean, only poor people watch flow tv these days.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

dps

I got 38 out of 100.

I'm pretty sure that garbon's family is more well-off financially than mine, but I've got to question a survey that scores a gay, black American as more privileged than a straight, white American.

dps

Quote from: Martinus on June 20, 2016, 02:30:40 PM

I love that garbose has to stoop to accessing buzzfeed to feed his persecution complex. With his education, job and flat in central London, he is one of the most privileged people here. But he sucks dick, so he has it worse than a starving child in Ethiopia, apparently.

I don't think too many starving Ethiopians post here.

LaCroix

QuoteYou live with 30 out of 100 points of privilege.

You're not privileged at all. You grew up with an intersectional, complicated identity, and life never let you forget it. You've had your fair share of struggles, and you've worked hard to overcome them. We do not live in an ideal world and you had to learn that the hard way. It is not your responsibility to educate those with more advantages than you, but if you decide you want to, go ahead and send them this quiz. Hopefully it will help.

though I ignored the spirit of a lot of these questions, which by itself probably means I'm privileged  :Embarrass:

The Brain

I like how "never taken medication for my mental health" is a privilege. :lol:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on June 20, 2016, 02:30:40 PM

There are 14 questions linked directly to sexual orientation (plus six that are generic to "identity").  There are three dealing with gender identity, five dealing with gender, five dealing with religion, and eight dealing with race.

I wouldn't have thought that privilege would so closely track sexual orientation, but I guess now I know better.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.