News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How Privileged Are You

Started by garbon, June 20, 2016, 02:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

One of the few good things about Otherkin is that they're not protected by human rights.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 20, 2016, 03:16:51 PM
I wish more Canadians got the shit kicked out of them.  Sorry, oot of them.

"I have never been mocked because of my accent" - removed the checkmark.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Damn dude you need to get more privilege.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

As Beeb mentioned, this is definitely intended for a North American college audience, but more than that, I think it's an attempt to codify the relative suffering weights assigned to each Oppressed Minority Group(tm).

Jacob

The survey is clearly targeted at American young people and has some significant blind spots because of that, but it still scored me where I expected at "quite privileged".

Josquius

Started but I gave up. Some of them make no sense.
Surely having to do taxes would be a sign of being privileged?
A big part of the reason I studied abroad is it was cheaper
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 20, 2016, 03:25:50 PM
As Beeb mentioned, this is definitely intended for a North American college audience, but more than that, I think it's an attempt to codify the relative suffering weights assigned to each Oppressed Minority Group(tm).

It's an attempt to muddle any and all waters and make society more stupid.

Jacob

Quote from: Tyr on June 20, 2016, 03:26:47 PM
Started but I gave up. Some of them make no sense.
Surely having to do taxes would be a sign of being privileged?
A big part of the reason I studied abroad is it was cheaper

Not in a context where the choice is "do your own taxes" or "have an accountant do your taxes for you."

11B4V

Quote from: Valmy on June 20, 2016, 03:24:54 PM

White guys aren't privileged.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

Quote from: 11B4V on June 20, 2016, 03:33:21 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 20, 2016, 03:24:54 PM

White guys aren't privileged.

You know who's privileged? The mentally ill of the Congo who go unmedicated. :lol:

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 20, 2016, 03:25:50 PM

Also that people having been mean to you at some point actually has anything to do with how privileged you are in life. It just may mean you spent time with huge assholes. Surely it should be something systematic that actually limited your opportunities in some way rather than simply being having to put up with some shit at some point.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on June 20, 2016, 03:29:48 PM
Not in a context where the choice is "do your own taxes" or "have an accountant do your taxes for you."

Ah I see. I didn't see where they were going there. I was like 'wouldn't never paying taxes mean you are less privileged?'

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on June 20, 2016, 03:37:53 PM
Also that people having been mean to you at some point actually has anything to do with how privileged you are in life. It just may mean you spent time with huge assholes. Surely it should be something systematic that actually limited your opportunities in some way rather than simply being having to put up with some shit at some point.

Only certain kinds of meanness are taken into consideration.

Richard Hakluyt

I gave up, a visit to Japan in 1984 to see my wealthy girlfriend was greatly reducing my privilege, didn't seem right.