News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Muhammed Ali is dead

Started by Drakken, June 04, 2016, 12:07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Monoriu on June 04, 2016, 07:01:19 PM
I don't understand the fascination about him.

He was incredibly quick for a heavyweight boxer, both his hands and feet.
He was involved in some of the most dramatic fights in boxing history.
He was a natural talker and entertainer, a pleasure to listen to.
He was involved in some of the most important political and social issues in US post war history.

Drakken

Quote from: Monoriu on June 04, 2016, 07:01:19 PM
I don't understand the fascination about him.

It's allright, we don't understand the fascination about Mao either.

grumbler

One of the guys I admire most in the world is Jack Harbaugh, father of Jim and John (both highly successful American football coaches, as was Jack).

Muhammad Ali was a hero of Jack's:

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/muhammad-ali-molded-harbaughs-165100411.html

Jack told that story many times:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v-akeLNyIo

Best line comes from Jim Harbaugh:
QuoteThe cool thing is, this is the kind of story we've been hearing since we were kids. We didn't get Little Red Riding Hood or The Little Engine That Could stories.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Who actually cares about Piers Morgan? Does Piers Morgan even care?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on June 05, 2016, 03:04:33 PM
Uh oh. http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/piers-morgan-muhammad-ali-donald-trump-twitter_uk_57541bc1e4b040e3e819a133

It's okay, Trump was working for his dad's company in those days, which had a policy of not renting to blacks.  Bring up things form 1970 is probably not the best way to demonstrate Trump's racial tolerance.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

LaCroix

well, it's technically true. though, it ignores the historical context that justified his comments, as he was a well-known figure promoting black confidence when it was needed

Savonarola

In the end the cockroaches won.   :(

RIP Muhammed
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points