And we're back!

Main Menu

Muhammed Ali is dead

Started by Drakken, June 04, 2016, 12:07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

dps

Barrister

He's not one whose politics I agreed with, but who lead an admirable life.  God Bless, Mohammed Ali, and Rest In Peace.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Very admirable man.  A man who wrestled with heavy moral issues his entire life.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 04, 2016, 01:09:26 AM
Very admirable man.  A man who wrestled with heavy moral issues his entire life.

He was a boxer, not a wrestler. Otherwise I agree.

RIP :(
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on June 04, 2016, 01:06:05 AM
He's not one whose politics I agreed with, but who lead an admirable life.  God Bless, Mohammed Ali, and Rest In Peace.

Can you elaborate? I have never heard of this side of his life. I thought he was a very good boxer (and later in life seemed to have suffered because of likely brain damage from that).

Edit: So it as not just "seemed" but he had Parkinson's which, most likely, was caused or aggravated by brain damage from boxing.

Caliga

:cry:

Obviously huge news here.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

:(

He not only fought in the ring, but for his beliefs. A true hero.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Brain

celedhring

Just rewatched "When we were Kings" in his memory. Amazing doc, I think it captures him magnificently.

Sheilbh

RIP.

Going to watch When We Were Kings tonight.
Let's bomb Russia!