And we're back!

Main Menu

Green Energy Revolution Megathread

Started by jimmy olsen, May 19, 2016, 10:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Zoupa on November 24, 2019, 02:47:43 PM
That's not very communist is it.

It is extremely Marxist. Take over state power and use it. The whole world will be beaten by the People's Stick.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on November 24, 2019, 02:52:05 PM

That's right. 

Evidence? The Communist states were/are very into mass environmental destruction. Just ask the former port towns on the Aral Sea.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on November 24, 2019, 02:13:51 AM
Global Warming is somebody else's problem.  One Belt One Road aims to project Chinese power and to (hopefully) make some money in the process.  Global Warming just doesn't factor into the decision making process at all. 

Does China not exist on the globe?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on November 24, 2019, 04:08:36 PM

It is extremely Marxist. Take over state power and use it. The whole world will be beaten by the People's Stick.

In a world where everyone gets the same, not wanting others to do well is akin to not wanting yourself to do well.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

Quote from: Valmy on November 24, 2019, 04:10:36 PM
Global Warming is somebody else's problem.  One Belt One Road aims to project Chinese power and to (hopefully) make some money in the process.  Global Warming just doesn't factor into the decision making process at all. 

China is no where near the majority on the globe.  Let the majority handle global warming, while the Chinese free ride.  That's the plan  :secret:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Legbiter on November 22, 2019, 02:30:44 PM
A nifty graph to better visualize Mono's point. Chinese carbon emissions.

Apparently the Chinese are opening one large coal plant a week. Greta better get on the case.

I am reminded by this graph that the original Paris Accord, the one Wubya opted out of, didn't include China and India.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Monoriu on November 24, 2019, 08:02:47 PM

China is no where near the majority on the globe.  Let the majority handle global warming, while the Chinese free ride.  That's the plan  :secret:

Doesn't work if China produces enough to cause warming by itself.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 24, 2019, 08:48:09 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on November 24, 2019, 08:02:47 PM

Doesn't work if China produces enough to cause warming by itself.

Chinese are mainly concerned about families, not societies.  As long as my family survives the warming, that's fine. 

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Legbiter on November 22, 2019, 02:30:44 PM
A nifty graph to better visualize Mono's point. Chinese carbon emissions.

Apparently the Chinese are opening one large coal plant a week. Greta better get on the case.

What exactly is this graph measuring and what is the source for it?
It doesn't appear to be measuring carbon emissions by country since China was at around 9 billion tons in 2016, with the US at 4.8 billion and India at just over 2 billion.  Things can change in 3 years but not that much.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

mongers

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 24, 2019, 09:24:00 PM

What exactly is this graph measuring and what is the source for it?
It doesn't appear to be measuring carbon emissions by country since China was at around 9 billion tons in 2016, with the US at 4.8 billion and India at just over 2 billion.  Things can change in 3 years but not that much.

It's shows the average of the guesses made by westerners answering the question "Which three countries are the worlds largest CO2 polluters".

The results are in non-specific numbers, the y axis scale being a semi-randomized number (d6) multiplied by one million (for gravitas)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Minsky Moment

Canada, Iran, Saudi Arabia all off the chart, but Kazakhstan and Taiwan are on it . . .
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on November 24, 2019, 09:36:02 PM
It's shows the average of the guesses made by westerners answering the question "Which three countries are the worlds largest CO2 polluters".

Dude, that is a monumentally useless graph.  Bordering on criminal disinformation.

Valmy

WTF? Ok thank God. You fuckers had me freaking out there.

Stop with this kind of bullshit ok?

Admiral Yi

Wait, so Legbiter posted the graph and mongers explains it, so I guess mongers was making a mongers joke. :unsure:

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 24, 2019, 11:33:51 PM
Wait, so Legbiter posted the graph and mongers explains it, so I guess mongers was making a mongers joke. :unsure:

:whistle:

I love all of you stupid fuckers.    :D

Goodnight all.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"