News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Civilization VI

Started by Zanza, May 11, 2016, 10:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

I suspect the decision not to have a building queue may be a deliberate design choice. With the district system, the buildings available for construction can change very dynamicaly.

The other points do not bother me very much but I expect them to be added in a patch.

What I would like to see is more "visible" Civics choices - when you are prompted to change them I would like the new choices to be more visible and to see which choices have just become obsolete.

Solmyr

Quote from: Zoupa on October 27, 2016, 06:41:25 PM
Why don't I get a pop-up saying what bonus was given by the tribal village I just explored?

I'm pretty sure you get a notification for this one.

garbon

Quote from: Solmyr on October 28, 2016, 06:30:55 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on October 27, 2016, 06:41:25 PM
Why don't I get a pop-up saying what bonus was given by the tribal village I just explored?

I'm pretty sure you get a notification for this one.

You do.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

I think what he means is that you don't get a pop up. So if your unit cycles to another immediately after popping a hut you can miss it.

As I said it does not bother me horribly.

Tamas

ohh what does bother me is the unit cycling. "you moved your unit ok here is the next one HAHA no! move this one instead. What, you clicked quickly and now moved the second-next unit in the wrong direction? Too bad!"

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on October 28, 2016, 10:16:23 AM
ohh what does bother me is the unit cycling. "you moved your unit ok here is the next one HAHA no! move this one instead. What, you clicked quickly and now moved the second-next unit in the wrong direction? Too bad!"

Yes, that's rather annoying.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

The cycling is annoying. So is the ai randomly declaring wars they can't win.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Have you guys tried the Horsemen Economy or Amarda/Amies exploits?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on October 28, 2016, 11:27:39 AM
The cycling is annoying. So is the ai randomly declaring wars they can't win.

Yes! I had one city France as a near neighbor who spent a lot of money purchasing warriors. They also kept making deals to have access and kept moving their troops all near my cities. I was like okay this is some sort of weirdo 'sneak attack' but nothing every happened. 30 turns later when I'm brimming with troops while just ending a war with Kongo, France finally launches its sneak attack. My knights make quick work of their horde of warriors. :mellow:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 28, 2016, 11:36:10 AM
Have you guys tried the Horsemen Economy or Amarda/Amies exploits?

No? I don't see what fun that would be.

Martinus

Solmyr

You can disable the unit cycling, it's a small edit in an options file: https://steamcommunity.com/app/289070/discussions/0/340412122407085484/

Syt

I find interesting that as global warming has become a major discussion topic in the public it has disappeared from Civ games.

Early games had fertile land go to wasteland and coastal tiles turn to swamp if pollution got too bad. Call to Power took it even a step further by actually turning coastal land to sea. A fun tactic was to get ahead in tech so you could build underwater cities and then "turn up the heat" - the less advanced coastal cities would drown and be destroyed while mine continued under the sea. :menace:

I wonder if such a mechanic or something similar might be added by an expansion.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on October 29, 2016, 02:46:42 AM
I find interesting that as global warming has become a major discussion topic in the public it has disappeared from Civ games.

Early games had fertile land go to wasteland and coastal tiles turn to swamp if pollution got too bad. Call to Power took it even a step further by actually turning coastal land to sea. A fun tactic was to get ahead in tech so you could build underwater cities and then "turn up the heat" - the less advanced coastal cities would drown and be destroyed while mine continued under the sea. :menace:

I wonder if such a mechanic or something similar might be added by an expansion.

Yes let's not sell any games to Republicans.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

They said they dropped this mechanics because it was not adding to enjoyment.

Cleaning up pollution was tedious micromanagement and having the world you built deteriorate was no fun. They also didn't want to punish players for being succesful.