Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on October 15, 2016, 06:02:49 AM
It's my default assumption about gaming outrage these days.  :P

It really is unbelievably pathetic.

Tonitrus

I'd have thought they'd have spent all that outrage on the French leader not being Napoleon again.  :P

PDH

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 15, 2016, 03:59:28 PM

I'd have thought they'd have spent all that outrage on the French leader not being Napoleon again.  :P

Oh no, outrage begets outrage - right or left.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Martinus

Actually, at least on civfanatics (where people complain about everything, including the fact that Pericles has no armpit hair...) Gorgo was very well received.

Martinus

I like the fact that alternative leaders have alternative capitals, as well. This opens some interesting opportunities, like giving Rome an alternative capital and leader to represent Byzantium (rather than having a separate Byzantine civ).

Solmyr

Rome still has civ-specific stuff like legions that doesn't represent Byz well.

Martinus

Quote from: Solmyr on October 16, 2016, 05:20:10 AM
Rome still has civ-specific stuff like legions that doesn't represent Byz well.

Well it's not about representing Byzantium well but seeing Byzantium as an incarnation of Rome. If Frederick Barbarossa's Germany can have U-Boats, Iustinian's Rome can have legions.

Solmyr

Gamesplanet gave me the game key and it's preloading already. :ph34r:

Berkut

Are there any good pre-order deals out there?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Not from what I saw. Standard pre order just gets you Aztecs which will be available 90 days later for everyone else. Deluxe I guess saves you money if you are going to end up buying all the DLC.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Arvoreen

The 20% off voucher @ WinGameStore worked...and gave me a nice steam key.  Preloading now :)

If you decide to buy through there, send me a message with your email and I will send you a referrer link so I can get some points :)

Berkut

You don't know my email? Seriously?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Martinus

Launch trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KdE0p2joJw

Spoiler alert: Sean Bean dies. :P

Spoiler alert 2: Poland (DLC) confirmed kinda. :P

Scipio

Does achieving Democracy as a form of government when you are Poland paralyze all production and advancement due to the personal veto of the nobles?
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt