Main Menu

Civilization VI

Started by Zanza, May 11, 2016, 10:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: Martinus on September 07, 2016, 02:30:28 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 07, 2016, 02:04:31 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on August 09, 2016, 10:20:55 AM
Scythians first look video. Seems they are the new Mongols/Huns.

Btw, here is a leaked poster with what are likely the different civs and leaders: http://well-of-souls.com/civ/images/civ6_portrait_bingo1.jpg

Doesn't require horse resources? :yeahright:

I guess the idea is that Scythians carry horses with them wherever they go. :P

Or they were really centaurs.

Solmyr

Valmy

We wequiwe westitution fow youw twespasses bawbawian!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Nukes in Civ VI:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2016/09/29/dropping-the-bomb-in-civilization-6?__prclt=m5DG5LMs

Apparently they come in regular and thermonuclear variety - and this time there's no defense against them except denying your opponent uranium.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

DGuller

Syt

As does quill18: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLs3acGYgI1-srHH9i_RycDLUXkjhDc9jy

Not a fan of Marbozir. He was on a few "boardgame" series, where he and other YT people would play e.g. Talisman - he's fine as long as he's doing well, but as soon as he has a bit of bad luck he basically is about to flip the table and needs to be talked back into the game.
—Stephen Jay Gould

DGuller

Marbozir does tend to whine quite a bit, and the fact that he's much worse at livestreams than at Youtube videos makes me wonder about how often he quietly reshoots or splices a video when things don't go his way in single player LPs.  But the thing about LPs is that they drive you insane when the player doesn't play well, and quill18 rarely plays well whereas Marbozir is usually on point in Civ games.

Syt

I don't mind them playing sub-optimal. Arumba might be more to your liking then:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLH-huzMEgGWDSuoidhR6uj3-sb_FAEt0A

Though he sometimes goes on a rant about game mechanics, and later realizes that he overlooked something obvious.
—Stephen Jay Gould

FunkMonk

Arumba is a massively annoying whiner. The Marbozir guy is a bit better.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Martinus

Really liking the quill's Rome game. I can't stand Marbozir's accent. He should at least learn how to pronounce "bonus".

Crazy_Ivan80

trying not to watch them. I'd like the game to have some mystery left when starting up.

Syt

Quote from: Martinus on October 01, 2016, 04:01:35 PM
I can't stand Marbozir's accent. He should at least learn how to pronounce "bonus".

Is it some sort of local thing? I know only one other Pole who had a habit of talking "through the nose" like Marbozir.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Richard Hakluyt

My preferred lp guy is quill18, the fact that he cocks things up and gets baffled now and then is a plus.

mongers

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on October 02, 2016, 02:41:00 AM
trying not to watch them. I'd like the game to have some mystery left when starting up.

This.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"