News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Bigger than Leicester?

Started by Josquius, May 03, 2016, 12:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

What do you mean by "getting into Europe"?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 04, 2016, 11:03:38 AM
Finish in the top 4 and you qualify for the champions league.
5th the europe league (stupid).
Huge amounts of money to he made from international exposure and sponsors and prize money
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

I see.

Can teams be successful & competitive in the Champions/Europe league, the domestic league & the cup?

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on May 04, 2016, 11:08:25 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 04, 2016, 11:03:38 AM
Finish in the top 4 and you qualify for the champions league.
5th the europe league (stupid).
Huge amounts of money to he made from international exposure and sponsors and prize money

The Europa League, unless you get to the final stages, is a money sink, the prizes there are rather low.

Josephus

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 04, 2016, 11:34:50 AM
I see.

Can teams be successful & competitive in the Champions/Europe league, the domestic league & the cup?

Yes.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

I see.

Yes, because the money from the champions league usually lets them build a squad deep enough to handle the injuries and fatigue that will result.
With the champions league from next year to be less profitable than the league though....
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Quote from: Tyr on May 04, 2016, 12:01:09 PM
I see.

Yes, because the money from the champions league usually lets them build a squad deep enough to handle the injuries and fatigue that will result.
With the champions league from next year to be less profitable than the league though....

I keep hearing that. So are BPL payouts larger than Champions Leauge ones next year?

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Win the champions league and get 'approaching' 100 million.
The team finishing 3rd from bottom in the premier gets more....

edit- thats comparing euros and pounds.
The bottom team safely gets more we can assume.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Wow....hope they incorporate this in FM2017
Civis Romanus Sum