News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Everyone else is wrong

Started by Savonarola, April 13, 2016, 10:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

QuoteJay-z.

There is nothing so baffling as why certain musicians become big stars. I mean sometimes somebody is obviously very talented. But man that is puzzlingly rare.

Meghan Trainor? Why...WHY?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

She did a song that made fat girls feel good about themselves and it took off. Easy enough.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Ancient Demon

Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

That may be MacFarlane's best writing there.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

FunkMonk

Anything written by Ernest Hemingway.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

celedhring

The Walking Dead. Overwrought , plodding, and boring.

Savonarola

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 13, 2016, 11:02:30 AM
She did a song that made fat girls feel good about themselves and it took off. Easy enough.  :P

Plus she's a white person who sounds black.  It's a concept that's worked before.   :elvis:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

viper37

Quote from: Savonarola on April 13, 2016, 10:05:42 AM
Do you have a work of art, book, movie or whatever that is universally loved (or hated) and that you hate (or love)?
Most movies involving Jim Carrey after the Mask and Ace Ventura, I had seen enough.
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind comes to mind.  Ex Machina.  The Supergirl tv series that consistantly receives great reviews.
Reality tv shows, especially the music based ones like the Voice.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: Savonarola on April 13, 2016, 12:23:22 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 13, 2016, 11:02:30 AM

Plus she's a white person who sounds black.  It's a concept that's worked before.   :elvis:

Yeah but that concept worked because we didn't have lots of actual black artists being exposed on that level. Things are a tad different today :P

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on April 13, 2016, 10:58:21 AM
QuoteJay-z.

There is nothing so baffling as why certain musicians become big stars. I mean sometimes somebody is obviously very talented. But man that is puzzlingly rare.

Meghan Trainor? Why...WHY?

Sadly I like her new single No. I feel a lot of difficulty on that as on one side I dislike her but on the other hand I like the catty tone if the song. :Embarrass:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 13, 2016, 10:27:37 AM
Rap music - how is it that is something that has become perhaps not universally, but widely loved.

At this point it is mostly hip hop which has great beats.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Savonarola

Quote from: Valmy on April 13, 2016, 12:34:08 PM
Yeah but that concept worked because we didn't have lots of actual black artists being exposed on that level. Things are a tad different today :P

There were plenty of black artists in the 90s as well; yet somehow Marshall Mathers was able to make a go of it.   :P
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock