All the time, movies suck (9+)
1 (2.3%)
I don't go to the movies
3 (6.8%)
Only the ones with Jaron in them
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Sophie Scholl

I Spy with Owen Wilson and Eddie Murphy.  I might have walked out of Anchorman when I saw it in the theater because everyone I was with was too tanked to finish it.  I worked at a theater for 5 years and saw both of those for free.  There were definitely movies I wish I had walked out of/never walked into.  Taking turns picking movies in a group setting can lead to terrible results. :lol:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

celedhring

Quote from: grumbler on April 04, 2016, 08:47:49 PM
I walked out on the second matrix movie and the second Star Wars prequel.  I am sure I would have walked out of the third Alien movie and the third Terminator movie, but I was wise enough never to walk into those.

I was somewhat tempted to walk out on Avatar once I realized that they were going to follow the script of Pocahontas right to the end, but by then I had realized that all the talented artists had done the critters and the crap artists got stuck doing characters, and I was amused by the sudden shifts in the quality of the CGI.  I had to see how far that went.  In the end, I found that element of the movie to be redeeming enough that I was glad I stayed.

I found the Avatar movie derivative, trite, and dull (extremely well done derivative, trite, and dull; yeah that thing's possible), and I entertained myself looking for bad CGI on the background. Some of the work on the wilderness is really shoddy.

The movie where I saw the most walkouts was South Park (I loved the film myself). It happened that the property wasn't still very known in Spain when the film came out, and a lot of parents thought "animated film = take the children to it" with hilarious consequences. I thought those were really lazy parents though, even if you don't bother researching what are you taking your children to, there's a rating system for a reason.

Duque de Bragança

A couple of times, mostly in Germany when the cinephile club announced an original version screening yet delivered a German-dubbed print. Rosenknop, Rosenknop: nein, nein, nein! That's Citizen Kane's early words auf Deutsch.  :lol:

Queequeg

Little Miss Sunshine and The Avengers 2.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Monoriu

We walked out of the Hitchikers' Guide to Galaxy movie.  My wife and I didn't understand what was going on and didn't find it funny.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on April 05, 2016, 01:57:40 AM
I Spy with Owen Wilson and Eddie Murphy.  I might have walked out of Anchorman when I saw it in the theater because everyone I was with was too tanked to finish it.  I worked at a theater for 5 years and saw both of those for free.  There were definitely movies I wish I had walked out of/never walked into.  Taking turns picking movies in a group setting can lead to terrible results. :lol:

I hope you're not including Anchorman as one to never see.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

I am not sure - maybe once. But then I rarely go to a cinema - the ads at the beginning drive me nuts since I always forget not to be on time - prefer watching movies at home.

I did walk out of a play or opera performance once or twice, though.

celedhring

I walked out of a play once, but that was because it started later than announced and I had to absolutely be at another place before it had ended.

The play was sucky, anyway.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 05, 2016, 02:23:19 AM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on April 05, 2016, 01:57:40 AM

I hope you're not including Anchorman as one to never see.
It's grown on me, but I don't love it nearly as much as a lot of my friends do.  The same goes for Step Brothers and Zoolander.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Josquius

I'm sure I did once. When I was with a large group of friends. But  can't for the life of me remember what.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

I can only remember once, when I walked out of the worse movie ever made : Traffic.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Brazen

No. I came closest during Event Horizon but I was trapped in the middle of a row. I had to leave to throw up during 2010, but not due to the film.

Martinus

I remember actually falling asleep during a movie once. It was a week night in January and I was very tired after work. I was also on a date and it was Avatar. I think I slept through the middle of the movie.

Kleves

Never. The closest I've ever come to walking out was during The Amazing Spider-Man. If I wasn't with a group, I may have.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 05, 2016, 07:44:10 AM
I can only remember once, when I walked out of the worse movie ever made : Traffic.

You've led a charmed life.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?