All the time, movies suck (9+)
1 (2.3%)
I don't go to the movies
3 (6.8%)
Only the ones with Jaron in them
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 44

celedhring

Was having this discussion earlier today. I realized I have never left a theater before the movie's end, and I have seen several stinkers.

First, I admit that I'm the kind of person that MUST know how a story ends, no matter how shitty, derivative or lame it is. I *need* that closure. When I watch a bad film on the telly sometimes I allow myself to google the ending so I can tune out in peace, but I don't do that for films in theaters. Also, there's always the faint chance that the movie could have some redeeming quality that I might miss if I leave; and indeed, it has happened a few times that shitty movies have improved towards the end.

What about you?

MadImmortalMan

Hopeless completionist.

Sometimes, I even finish TV series on Netflix I don't particularly like.  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

Not in the theater. Of course, I quit on Netflix/tv/even rental movies after 10-20 minutes all the time.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Yes.  But in my defense, it was Tomb Raider.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

South Park movie, The Matrix, The Village.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josephus

No. Never walked out. Too much of an effort to go to a theatre, these days, I'm not going to leave.

AT home it's a different story. Hell I've quit movies with only 10-15 minutes left. "Do I really care how this ends? Nah, not really."
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

11B4V

When I saw Fellowship of the Ring, I was fucking tanked on Wild Turkey and Coke. Not the regular 100 proof, but the 112 proof Rare Breed version of the Turkey. I didn't know it only covered a portion of the LotR story. When it ended, I was initially very pissed. Yelled the movie was shit, cussing Jackson and such. All the pencil necked geeks in the theater had dumbfounded looks on their face, but didn't say shit. Next day I found out it was the first of three. Oh well.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

celedhring

Quote from: 11B4V on April 04, 2016, 07:29:01 PM
When I saw Fellowship of the Ring, I was fucking tanked on Wild Turkey and Coke. Not the regular 100 proof, but the 112 proof Rare Breed version of the Turkey. I didn't know it only covered a portion of the LotR story. When it ended, I was initially very pissed. Yelled the movie was shit, cussing Jackson and such. All the pencil necked geeks in the theater had dumbfounded looks on their face, but didn't say shit. Next day I found out it was the first of three. Oh well.

That's awesome.  :lol:

Monoriu

I am usually a completionist.  I was very tempted to walk out of Battlefield Earth, but stayed until it ended.  I deeply regret that decision and has since walked out of several movies. 

I don't care what other people say.  Battlefield Earth is still the worst movie that I have seen. 

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

katmai

Ringmaster (1998), granted it was free to watch as I was working at theater, but yeah it was really bad.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on April 04, 2016, 07:29:01 PM

That's how I imagine you pretty much every day.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

2 that I can remember. 

The first was with the entire family.  I am rather certain the movie was Krull (1983), but either way part way through my dad had had enough and just dragged everyone out.  I don't remember anything about the movie but didn't think it was THAT bad.

The other was my buddy and I and we walked out of White Nights with Gregory Hines and Baryshnikov.  I have no idea why we would have gone to see a movie about ballet dancing at 16 years old (and I am 99.99% sure that I had no input in what movie we were seeing) but we barely made it through the opening credits before leaving.  Maybe we just needed an excuse to get out of the house(s) for the night and thought our parents might check our pockets for ticket stubs; doesn't sound right but makes more sense than us thinking that would be a good way to spend 2 hours.

EDIT:  Oh and another time we had to leave the drive-in because my friend's fuck-buddy go too drunk and had to go home.  If her roommate/best friend wasn't so insistent on taking care of the drunk-ass my sexual partner count would have definitely taken an uptick that night.  :mad:

CountDeMoney

Only once: in 1982, when I was 12, Mom took us to go see Beastmaster.  Like 7 minutes in, during the scene when the witch was forcing the woman into labor and transferring the fetus to a cow. 
Nope, that was more than enough for me and my 9 year old sister.  :lol: Refund, please.

Any other time, I'll just go to sleep.

grumbler

I walked out on the second matrix movie and the second Star Wars prequel.  I am sure I would have walked out of the third Alien movie and the third Terminator movie, but I was wise enough never to walk into those.

I was somewhat tempted to walk out on Avatar once I realized that they were going to follow the script of Pocahontas right to the end, but by then I had realized that all the talented artists had done the critters and the crap artists got stuck doing characters, and I was amused by the sudden shifts in the quality of the CGI.  I had to see how far that went.  In the end, I found that element of the movie to be redeeming enough that I was glad I stayed.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!