Canada goes nuts for... French's Ketchup?

Started by Barrister, March 30, 2016, 12:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barkdreg

I'd happily take the odd terrorist if this means I get to keep eating this mustard.

derspiess

Uncle Phil's Dusseldorf Mustard is the pinnacle of mustard perfection.  When they switched away from it at Great American Ballpark there was a near-riot.  They had it back the next week.

Gulden's will do in a pinch.  And there are times when plain yellow mustard works okay on a hotdog, with ketchup (or catsup depending on availability) and fresh chopped onions.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

KRonn

So then, the second French - American war is on!!  :ph34r:  This could get serious folks!

derspiess

Also, didn't know that tomatoes can grow in the Canadian permafrost that covers the whole country.  Learn something new every day.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Norgy

Wouldn't trust anything from Düsseldorf. The Germans make curry ketchup and serve it on bangers and chips.  :mad:

Valmy

Quote from: Norgy on March 31, 2016, 12:35:49 PM
Wouldn't trust anything from Düsseldorf. The Germans make curry ketchup and serve it on bangers and chips.  :mad:

German stuff in the US is all cultural holdovers from the 19th century.

Edit: Ok there is an exception. We are being invaded by German style Kebab chains.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Norgy

German-style kebab chains that are just Turkish döner made palpable for the European palate.

The only thing more disgusting than plain, mealy sausages is döner kebab.

Valmy

Quote from: Norgy on March 31, 2016, 01:02:19 PM
German-style kebab chains that are just Turkish döner made palpable for the European palate.

The only thing more disgusting than plain, mealy sausages is döner kebab.

It is no Lutefisk that is for sure.

Anyway we don't have Turkish places around, well ok no fast food versions, here so they have the market cornered.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Norgy

Had a couple of decent Turkish and Middle Eastern restaurants around where I lived in Oslo. Made me appreciate the simplicity of a köfte and crushed wheat with a salad.

I'm sure it can be "fast fooded" up to Chipotle levels. While Greek restaurants seem to enjoy slow-cooking mutton, the Turkish ones are more into their nomade ancestors' way of charbroiling stuff.

Anyway, sorry for the diversion from the original topic.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Norgy on March 31, 2016, 01:15:02 PM

The topic of Canadian mustard tolerates no competition.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on March 31, 2016, 01:31:33 PM

This is a Canadian ketchup thread you dolt. :rolleyes:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on March 31, 2016, 01:45:58 PM

Sorry it got hijacked by mustard.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on March 31, 2016, 01:47:12 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 31, 2016, 01:45:58 PM

Sorry it got hijacked by mustard.

In the conservatory with the revolver.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on March 31, 2016, 01:48:20 PM
In the conservatory with the revolver.

The house I am moving into in three weeks has an actual billiard room. I own a lead pipe so be warned.