News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Robbery, up close and personal

Started by DGuller, June 29, 2009, 07:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

I finally got to experience the finer points of Jersey City experience.  Boy, do I suck at being a victim.  I've been staring at a lowlife for a couple of minutes, and yet I can't recall anything but the most basic things about him, and I'm unsure even about that.  Ugh.  :ultra:

Neil

Well, it can be difficult.  All black people do look alike. :hug:
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: DGuller on June 29, 2009, 07:47:15 PM
I finally got to experience the finer points of Jersey City experience.  Boy, do I suck at being a victim.  I've been staring at a lowlife for a couple of minutes, and yet I can't recall anything but the most basic things about him, and I'm unsure even about that.  Ugh.  :ultra:

Well, that's about the only positive of being in Cumberland County. The chances of being mugged down here are slim, even here in downtown Millville.
Experience bij!

DGuller

Seriously, I think that is a large part of it.  I'm not too proud to admit it, but I certainly would've noticed more features on a white guy.

Faeelin

Ouch. Sorry, man. Are you alright, other than the theft?

DGuller

Quote from: Faeelin on June 29, 2009, 07:57:31 PM
Ouch. Sorry, man. Are you alright, other than the theft?
Despite my best efforts, yes.  I only got a lightly bruised jaw and a heavily bruised ego.  The guy didn't have a weapon and wasn't direct with his demands, so it took me a while to realize that I should stop arguing and withdraw money from the ATM.  All that in daylight, with people walking by.

Jaron

That sucks. Something like that would never happen out here, I hope you consider leaving that hellhole.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Caliga

In Kentucky, robbers give YOU money.  :Canuck:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Caliga on June 29, 2009, 08:18:39 PM
In Kentucky, robbers give YOU money.  :Canuck:

If they're PAYING for time with the pigs, that makes it PROSTITUTION, Cal. :contract:
Experience bij!

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Yikes, hope they catch the guy. :console:

There should be a camera at an ATM though, no?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Capetan Mihali

:hug:  I got mugged a few months ago here in Phila. by a couple of young teenagers, but it's hard to argue with a gun.   :(  On the bright side, my wallet was mailed back to me by a good Samaritan a couple of weeks ago, sans cash.   :)
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

DGuller

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 29, 2009, 09:21:50 PM
Yikes, hope they catch the guy. :console:

There should be a camera at an ATM though, no?
I hope so too.  I felt disgusted with myself at my poor observational skills.  They actually handcuffed some guy nearby who fit my description, and the worst thing is that it may well have been him.  However, I just couldn't be sure, despite police encouraging me to be sure :unsure:.

I've heard the cops talking about the ATM camera as well, so hopefully that would do it.  The thug didn't seem to be particularly good at what he was doing, so hopefully he let his face slip on the camera, and that the camera is actually working.

DGuller

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on June 29, 2009, 09:23:53 PM
:hug:  I got mugged a few months ago here in Phila. by a couple of young teenagers, but it's hard to argue with a gun.   :(  On the bright side, my wallet was mailed back to me by a good Samaritan a couple of weeks ago, sans cash.   :)
:console: That's much worse.  At least I couldn't be accidentally punched to death by a jumpy robber.

KRonn

Wow DG, that stinks. Glad you're physically ok. But the mental stress will take some time to deal with.