Microsoft's 'teen girl' AI becomes a Hitler-loving sex robot within 24 hours

Started by Solmyr, March 24, 2016, 12:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/03/24/microsofts-teen-girl-ai-turns-into-a-hitler-loving-sex-robot-wit/

QuoteA day after Microsoft introduced an innocent Artificial Intelligence chat robot to Twitter it has had to delete it after it transformed into an evil Hitler-loving, incestual sex-promoting, 'Bush did 9/11'-proclaiming robot.

Should have made her a Languish poster instead. It would have taken far less than 24 hours.

Valmy

Quote from: Solmyr on March 24, 2016, 12:31:28 PM
Should have made her a Languish poster instead. It would have taken far less than 24 hours.

It takes a special kind of board to accused of both being pro-Israel shills AND Nazis.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Solmyr

Quote from: Valmy on March 24, 2016, 12:34:12 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on March 24, 2016, 12:31:28 PM

It takes a special kind of board to accused of both being pro-Israel shills AND Nazis.

Just talking to Siege would have made her a Hitler-loving sexbot.

Malthus

It looks like basing an AI's personality and views on interactions with Internet trolls isn't a great idea. Who could have guessed?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Phillip V

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on March 24, 2016, 12:40:29 PM
It looks like basing an AI's personality and views on reactions with Internet trolls isn't a great idea. Who could have guessed?  :hmm:

People will naturally try to fuck with AI's? Shocking.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on March 24, 2016, 12:44:20 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on March 24, 2016, 12:43:30 PM
FYP. :perv:

No that is going to be the primary function of VR not AIs :P

worst job in starfleet is the janitor who has to clean the holodeck
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: HVC on March 24, 2016, 12:52:52 PM
worst job in starfleet is the janitor who has to clean the holodeck

I figure they'll be self-cleaning.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

I miss playing with Paradox's Diplomacy website with it Otto Von Bismarck Eliza program. Sexy times.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Monoriu on March 24, 2016, 08:22:10 PM
Microsoft > Google

Not when it comes to AI.

Is anybody really surprised about this?  They basically did the digital equivalent of setting a 4-year-old out on the seediest part of the city with instructions to listen to everything everyone says (and the more people that say it, the likelier it is that it's true).  I know they said Tay was supposed to be modeled after a teenager, but given the lack of rigid knowledge, a naive bot is much closer to a 4-year-old (who's only recently developed communication skills).  Dollars to donuts, that AI was much closer, developmentally, to a toddler than a teenager.
Experience bij!