News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Free trip to London - Should I accept?

Started by derspiess, March 14, 2016, 05:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

I was offered a week-long trip to London to work an NFL game there this fall.

It would start in 10 months or so - but Thursday I am taking a half day to watch the NCAA tournament.

I would need a passport for my hamster.

Should I accept?

My aunt says I should go as long as I don't run into one of the twenty or so Languishites there.

I still have to discuss it with my wife(s).  :ph34r:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

I have a passport, I'll go for you, send me the info.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Josquius

Work in London. Visit one of myriad of more interesting places a cheap flight away on the weekend.
██████
██████
██████

alfred russel

YES! But not if they make you watch the bengals play. Then it isn't worth it.

Also, they have a thing against gingers over there, so Andy Dalton will probably scare people. He might get burned as a witch. Which could be a plus for you guys.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

That's wicked awesome Speesch.  Good on you. :cheers:

Definitely get the hamster passport.

I want a fairly detailed report back on crowd demographics and dynamic: specifically, ratio of expats to locals and how into the game they are.  If you can surreptitously snap a couple pics of hotties before kickoff that's double bonus points.

How long until they offer you a full time job as quality control coach?

Admiral Yi

Oh, and tell Pacman from me that he's a thug but he did get robbed on that second penalty.

CountDeMoney

I'd wait to see what pops in the second showcase during the Showcase Showdown, that's usually the one with the car and jet ski.

Norgy

I can heartily recommend not going to London.
It's instant drunk.

Valmy

Yes. Yes you should. Wear your Donald Trump gear.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Siege

Quote from: Valmy on March 14, 2016, 10:47:48 PM
Yes. Yes you should. Wear your Donald Trump gear.

What? Dearspic has Trump gear?
Now im jealous.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Capetan Mihali

I went on a free trip to London in January 2006 when my aunt bought me the $299 round-trip ticket from JFK to Heathrow and let me stay with her while she was on sabbatical.  While I didn't officiate an NFL game, I did officiate a Languish meet with Sheilbh which consisted in an elegant dinner and subsequent adjournment to a gentlemen's club for about eight G&Ts and two packs of cigarettes each (both consumed indoors like a civilized person, RIP ashtrays) as a digestive.  So I'd say it's worth it. :)
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)