And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2015

Started by derspiess, April 06, 2015, 10:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on February 25, 2016, 03:23:36 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 25, 2016, 02:53:48 PM
Knowing the inevitability of the Giants winning the World Series does weaken my anticipation for this season :P
Even year! Even year!

Is that why derpsicy didn't make new thread?

Bah - all shall tremble before the ongoing Kansas City Royals dynasty.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sophie Scholl

It's the Tribe's year! :yeah:  I can't wait for baseball to come back.  Tribefest at the end of January starts the baseball year off right for me.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on February 25, 2016, 05:11:36 PM
Knowing the inevitability of the Giants winning the World Series does weaken my anticipation for this season :P
Even year! Even year!

:yawn: get back to me when won more than one title every 30 years.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on February 25, 2016, 05:23:09 PM
It's the Tribe's year! :yeah:  I can't wait for baseball to come back.  Tribefest at the end of January starts the baseball year off right for me.

I thought last year was gonna be their year.  I'd love to see them have a year. 

May have to finally make a run up there this summer.  Let me know if you have any availability and we'l meet up.  Baseball & epic beer exchange.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on February 25, 2016, 06:22:50 PM
Quote from: Barrister on February 25, 2016, 05:11:36 PM
Even year! Even year!

:yawn: get back to me when won more than one title every 30 years.

It's been thirty years - surely you won't deny me this little pleasure of gloating?

Besides... back to back world series appearances is nothing to sneeze at.  I don't see any reason why the Royals shouldn't be considered a favourite for 2016.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

As long as it's not the Cubs.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Barrister on February 26, 2016, 12:45:05 AM
I don't see any reason why the Royals shouldn't be considered a favourite for 2016.

Mean reversion.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: derspiess on February 25, 2016, 10:25:03 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on February 25, 2016, 05:23:09 PM

I thought last year was gonna be their year.  I'd love to see them have a year. 

May have to finally make a run up there this summer.  Let me know if you have any availability and we'l meet up.  Baseball & epic beer exchange.
Sounds like a heck of an idea.  I'm thinking about maybe catching a game or two in April before I go back to my seasonal Park Service job.  That or head out during the summer at some point.  I'll let you know how things develop. :cheers:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Savonarola

CB and I went to see Nationals-Tigers today at Space Coast stadium.  Tigers lost 4-8 (:(), but we did see Jim Leyland (:)); he was signing autographs outside the gate.  A little girl sitting two rows ahead of us got a line drive right in the chest (:pinch:) fortunately she was okay, and got to keep the ball.

This is the last year the Nationals will be playing on the Space Coast, they're moving to Fort Lauderdale next year.  The next closest spring training to us is the Astros in Kissimmee.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock