Brexit and the waning days of the United Kingdom

Started by Josquius, February 20, 2016, 07:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you vote on Britain remaining in the EU?

British- Remain
12 (12%)
British - Leave
7 (7%)
Other European - Remain
21 (21%)
Other European - Leave
6 (6%)
ROTW - Remain
34 (34%)
ROTW - Leave
20 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Sheilbh

Another sign of Tory ruthlessness: this all happened while Angela Eagle was launching her challenge to Corbyn. Journalists were literally walking out to cover the new news :lol: :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

Hamilcar

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 11, 2016, 06:47:07 AM
Another sign of Tory ruthlessness: this all happened while Angela Eagle was launching her challenge to Corbyn. Journalists were literally walking out to cover the new news :lol: :weep:

Question: does Angela Eagle have a law degree? Because that would make her a....

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 11, 2016, 06:43:35 AMQuite a big fan of May's leadership strategy of not doing much while all her opponents douse themselves in petrol and self-immolate.

Be careful what you wish for, that's precisely Rajoy's strategy.  :P

Hamilcar

Quote from: The Larch on July 11, 2016, 06:51:13 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on July 11, 2016, 06:43:35 AMQuite a big fan of May's leadership strategy of not doing much while all her opponents douse themselves in petrol and self-immolate.

Be careful what you wish for, that's precisely Rajoy's strategy.  :P

Nobody cares about Spain.

Sheilbh

Oh God don't get me wrong, May terrifies me...but...best of a bad lot.

Edit: Also worth reading May's (one) Remain speech. It's very cogent and tightly argued. She will smash Coebyn.

Wouldn't be surprised if we have an autumn election when Labour are still in turmoil and unlike after 83, the Left will be able to blame the loss on divisions/PLP disloyalty :ph34r: :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

Richard Hakluyt

Why does she "terrify" you, any particular reason? Seems a fairly standard Tory to me.

mongers

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 11, 2016, 07:19:39 AM
Why does she "terrify" you, any particular reason? Seems a fairly standard Tory to me.

She'll probably institute a full blown police* state, but what's not to love? :unsure:

*'Her' police, that is.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Richard Hakluyt

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 11, 2016, 06:53:05 AM
Oh God don't get me wrong, May terrifies me...but...best of a bad lot.

Edit: Also worth reading May's (one) Remain speech. It's very cogent and tightly argued. She will smash Coebyn.

Wouldn't be surprised if we have an autumn election when Labour are still in turmoil and unlike after 83, the Left will be able to blame the loss on divisions/PLP disloyalty :ph34r: :weep:

I believe Labour and Lib Dems have called for a general election.

Also, May as PM as soon as Thursday?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Hamilcar on July 11, 2016, 06:48:55 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on July 11, 2016, 06:47:07 AM

Question: does Angela Eagle have a law degree? Because that would make her a....

I've had a few double-takes with that.

"Eagle to stand for leader of Labour Party"

Really?......how odd........oh, of course......

mongers

Smoke filled rooms anyone?  :bowler:

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 11, 2016, 07:52:32 AM
God, I wish.

So not Tory grandees deciding, but headless chickens flapping about who alight on the nearest apparently safe perch?

Brazen

I feel I should should be happier that we have a woman PM for the first time since Thatcher.

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 10, 2016, 06:40:10 PM
The front-runner to be new UKIP leader would be the first non-white leader of a reasonably big party. Add that to a second female PM and in Scotland three female (and four LGBT) party leaders and it is a weird sort-of positive about modern Britain?

Shitty female and minority and LGBT politicians are still shitty politicians :(

I did kind of like the Tory lady in Scotland but it is not like she is going to win anything.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."