News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2016

Started by grumbler, February 09, 2016, 06:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

That was shameful. As if millions of red sweater vests suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

But at least the game will be a rematch, and it's easier to root for Clemson against Alabama than it would've been watching Evil 1.0 versus Evil 1.1.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

alfred russel

Alabama has this thing where they give the ball to the biggest and strongest guys who then run people over. Sort of hard to stop.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 01, 2017, 09:14:26 AM
That was shameful. As if millions of red sweater vests suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

But at least the game will be a rematch, and it's easier to root for Clemson against Alabama than it would've been watching Evil 1.0 versus Evil 1.1.

Yeah, I'm not particularly a Clemson fan, but certainly they're easier to root for than either Alabama or Ohio State. 

Eddie Teach

SEC vs ACC for third time in four years.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: alfred russel on January 01, 2017, 10:59:44 AM
Alabama has this thing where they give the ball to the biggest and strongest guys who then run people over. Sort of hard to stop.

It's a very good strategy.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

sbr

Very happy for Deshan Watson.

Dabo Sweeny is a jackass.

Any Alabama fan crying should be kicked in the nuts.

CountDeMoney

Yay, good for Clemson.

Major kudos to Clemson for taking Alabama's early bullshit on the chin and not even blinking.  What a great 4th quarter.

alfred russel

Quote from: sbr on January 10, 2017, 12:25:16 AM
Very happy for Deshan Watson.

Dabo Sweeny is a jackass.

Any Alabama fan crying should be kicked in the nuts.

Lets take these one by one:

DeShaun Watson is the fucking man. Should have won the Heisman. I"m very happy for him too.

Dabo Swinney is awesome. Wtf?

Any crying Alabama fan should be kicked in the nuts, but I think the "crying" adjective is superfluous.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

alfred russel

I watched at a Clemson bar, and there were a few points (including the end) that some strong "ACC ACC" chants were going. Pretty damn awesome. Best conference in the land. :)

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 10, 2017, 02:11:31 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on January 10, 2017, 01:12:01 AM
Best conference in the land. :)

Except for those clowns in Miami.

9-4. Improvement in Richt's first year.

Valmy

I feel good for Clemson fans who had to suffer the insufferable 'SEC SEC SEC' shit from the retarded South Carolina fans for so long.

Any year Alabama does not win the title is a victory for the rest of us.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: alfred russel on January 10, 2017, 01:12:01 AM
I watched at a Clemson bar, and there were a few points (including the end) that some strong "ACC ACC" chants were going. Pretty damn awesome. Best conference in the land. :)

I was happy about Clemson winning until I read this.  Thanks.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall