News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2016

Started by grumbler, February 09, 2016, 06:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on November 21, 2016, 12:37:12 AM
Well like everything you hear reported happening at Texas lets wait until it actually happens before we react. Fake stories get run with all the time over here.

:lol:  Hey I'm now seeing people, outside of the usual Texas football boards, saying they're handling it badly because they didn't just fire him immediately and all that.  So when it was reported that he was fired, oh well that's shitty let him finish out the season.  When the university actually comes out and says he hasn't been fired, well that's shitty too. 

I guess they should just give him an extension.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

Lolz.  It should really say Saban though.

E:  Baylor employees are getting themselves arrested now.  http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18110114/heath-nielsen-baylor-bears-accused-assaulting-reporter-field 

"Responsible for management of the public image of the program."  Heh.

grumbler

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 22, 2016, 10:28:28 AM
Lolz.  It should really say Saban though.

Really?  Were Texas fans actually delusional enough to think they would be able to hire Saban away from Alabama in 2014?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on November 22, 2016, 06:05:08 AM
An oldie but still good:

:lol:  Never saw that one before.

"Why, you sounded taller at Louisville."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: grumbler on November 22, 2016, 11:02:16 AM
Really?  Were Texas fans actually delusional enough to think they would be able to hire Saban away from Alabama in 2014?

Those 9.95 subscription "insider" type sites kept "reporting" it as being close to happening, etc.  I'm positive there were people who bought into it.  Not so much with Harbaugh, at least that I rememberr.

E: omg Im about to lose my damn mind.  Some fucktard on a university email list that I'm on keeps replying all and saying things like irregardless and I, myself, and shit like that.   She's having a full on conversation with one of the IT directors and including like 200 other people in her stupidity uuuuugggggghhhhhhhh stooooooppppppppppppppppppppp.  Sweet that's the 17th email I've gotten from her this morning, out of a total of 19.  It's a nice quiet holiday week, except for her.

Valmy

Yeah the media was driving the Saban thing. Harbaugh was never really a serious thing.

That clip just makes me sad now. What fucking nightmare that hire turned out to be. It hard to imagine any of the other candidates being as putridly awful as Charlie Strong.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

I feel your pain.  Hell, I have lived that pain multiple times in my life as a fan of Wyoming.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on November 23, 2016, 01:38:39 AM
Yeah the media was driving the Saban thing. Harbaugh was never really a serious thing.

That clip just makes me sad now. What fucking nightmare that hire turned out to be. It hard to imagine any of the other candidates being as putridly awful as Charlie Strong.

The good news for you is that Texas is unlikely to pick two busts in a row like Michigan did.  That was a nightmare!

Bayraktar!

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on November 23, 2016, 01:38:39 AM

It looks like Charlie Strong as a successful head coach is dependent on Teddy Bridgewater being his quarterback.

Bridgewater was committed to Miami when Strong was hired at Louisville, and Strong flipped him to Louisville. That recruiting coup may have determined the next six years for Strong - success at Louisville, then the Texas job.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: grumbler on November 23, 2016, 01:44:49 PM

The good news for you is that Texas is unlikely to pick two busts in a row like Michigan did.  That was a nightmare!

Oh just give them a chance. We'll probably be talking about Greg Davis making his triumphant return to Austin here in a week or two.

dps

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 23, 2016, 05:38:13 PM
Quote from: grumbler on November 23, 2016, 01:44:49 PM

Oh just give them a chance. We'll probably be talking about Greg Davis making his triumphant return to Austin here in a week or two.

Hey, Art Briles is available.

grumbler

Bayraktar!

grumbler

This is the week.

This is The Game.

(This one's a bit old, but still one of the best, despite being from a Buckeye)

https://youtu.be/oTPQR7RTrz4

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on November 23, 2016, 06:53:03 PM
This is the week.

This is The Game.

Buffalo and Bowling Green.  Fuck yeah.