And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2016

Started by grumbler, February 09, 2016, 06:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

Quote from: Valmy on November 19, 2016, 08:08:01 PM
All Chuck had to do was beat two shitty teams with losing records to keep his job. LOLZ.

His teams never fail to disappoint. They really need to just fire him now.

Well, to be fair to TCU, a shitty team and a mediocre team.  But yeah, this week should have been a gimme.  I still think Strong is a good coach, but it just isn't working for him at Texas, and at this point, they need to get someone else.

Valmy

Quote from: dps on November 19, 2016, 10:00:46 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 19, 2016, 08:08:01 PM
All Chuck had to do was beat two shitty teams with losing records to keep his job. LOLZ.

His teams never fail to disappoint. They really need to just fire him now.

Well, to be fair to TCU, a shitty team and a mediocre team.  But yeah, this week should have been a gimme.  I still think Strong is a good coach, but it just isn't working for him at Texas, and at this point, they need to get someone else.

I don't know how you can be a good coach and coach that game that just happened. Kansas has only won three FBS games since 2010. They couldn't have a winning record in FCS.

And further more the game was won. Texas just had to run out the clock but Strong couldn't manage it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

alfred russel

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 19, 2016, 07:25:15 PM
Mangino4Longhorns

why needle texas fans with this? the guy was a brilliant coach.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

MadBurgerMaker

Planet Mangino would win a shitload of games at Texas.  Assuming he didn't get fired immediately for acting like himself.

Ed Anger

Massive heart attack after the 3rd day of Texas BBQ.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 20, 2016, 12:04:43 PM
Massive heart attack after the 3rd day of Texas BBQ.

I don't know if head football coaches have the time to wait in line at Franklin, so I wonder if he'd resort to cleaning out the nearest Bill Miller or something.

PDH

Wyoming is not 8-3, with one game left.  If they win that, UWyo wins the Mountain Division of the MWC and likely the championship game will be in Laramie.

Again, this is like bizzarro Wyoming, pulling out close games, playing everyone tough, grinding out wins.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

I saw on ESPN that Strong got the boot.

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 20, 2016, 09:35:30 PM
I saw on ESPN that Strong got the boot.

That's the scoop. Should happen tomorrow officially.

alfred russel

Kind of bullshit. Obviously needed to be fired, but why not let him coach one more game and finish the season?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on November 21, 2016, 12:26:27 AM
Kind of bullshit. Obviously needed to be fired, but why not let him coach one more game and finish the season?

Well like everything you hear reported happening at Texas lets wait until it actually happens before we react. Fake stories get run with all the time over here.

Valmy

Told you Dorsey. Nothing is going to happen until after TCU.

The media covering Texas sports is just a circus of ineptitude.

grumbler

Notice they missed the "m" in "from."

Every year they do this, and every year they fuck it up.  At some point, they should realize that all of their attempts to appear clever backfire.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!