News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2016

Started by grumbler, February 09, 2016, 06:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: katmai on October 29, 2016, 06:09:17 PM
I thought Miami was good this year, wth Dorsey?

Miami started 4-0 but played no one. Go back to my posts after the FSU game. The team is mediocre.

Also, while ND is not a good team this year by any stretch, they are talented and probably were the best 2-5 team in the country.

Two mediocre teams played, and the home team won by 3. I spent the weekend off the grid hiking/camping, so I have no idea what actually happened.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

Quote from: alfred russel on October 30, 2016, 05:29:46 PM
I spent the weekend off the grid hiking/camping, so I have no idea what actually happened.

I'm pretty much ignoring the entire season.  <_<
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

alfred russel

First playoff poll out:

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Michigan
4. aTm
5. Washington

LOL, the committee trolls katmai. If all those teams win out (they won't), if the Huskies lose out that will be really surprising and really stupid.

Valmy

Nobody is really in front of A&M besides LSU. Granted LSU kind of has their number.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on November 01, 2016, 09:21:51 PM
Nobody is really in front of A&M besides LSU. Granted LSU kind of has their number.

What I really take it to mean is that the first team that doesn't control its own destiny, is aTm, and the second is Louisville.

From the comments from the committee, winning out plus winning a conference seems sure to catapult Washington and Ohio State ahead of aTm. Louisville will have to have aTm lose to get ahead of them.

Admiral Yi

Valmy

But surely if Ohio State wins out then Michigan is out right?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on November 01, 2016, 09:59:46 PM
But surely if Ohio State wins out then Michigan is out right?

In the event of everyone else winning out, I think so, and I think that was probably part of the message of putting clemson ahead of Michigan.

But, my guess is that if Ohio State wins out, and Michigan only loses to Ohio State, then both will be in, because generally there are upsets.

katmai

Quote from: alfred russel on November 01, 2016, 08:40:06 PM
First playoff poll out:

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Michigan
4. aTm
5. Washington

LOL, the committee trolls katmai. If all those teams win out (they won't), if the Huskies lose out that will be really surprising and really stupid.
I wasn't happy when Sark and the AD moved to the A/B/C tier of non conference scheduling because of silly shit like this.
UW gets dinged by "down" year in Pac-12 because if they the committee wants to tell me Texas A&M non con vs UW is any better....
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

grumbler

I must admit that watching Michigan is a lot more fun this year than two years ago, or even a year ago.  This a well-coached team, with a quarterback that is unflappable, a historically-great defense, and skill position players that can make big plays when they need to.

Plus, Washington advances with the A&M loss.  I'd love to see a Washington-Michigan championship game.  That's a matchup with some history.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Oh, and the original formations.  Here is Michigan "huddling" against Illinois:

When they broke and went to the line, they had a QB, 5 linemen, and 5 tight ends!  Touchdown.  Illinois didn't know who to defend.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

This is the first game I have seen Harbaugh coming close to running up the score.  Why is the first string still in, up 38-0?

Bayraktar!

katmai

Cause Harbaugh is a grade A asshole?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

grumbler

Quote from: katmai on November 05, 2016, 05:43:37 PM
Cause Harbaugh is a grade A asshole?

That's the popular narrative.  Thanks for buying into it.  It just makes it easier to disdain the ignorati.

Bayraktar!