News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2016

Started by grumbler, February 09, 2016, 06:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on May 27, 2016, 11:39:54 AM
Because Briles was told about it, did not tell the University officials, and met with the young women personally to intimidate them into silence.  :hmm:

That is not to say the University officials and the Waco PD were not also complicit but come on man. How could that be on anybody but Briles?

Okay, well that doesn't sound so cool. I'm on board with firing if that is what happened.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 27, 2016, 11:42:06 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on May 27, 2016, 11:30:50 AM
<words>

You need to read the information that has been released.  Apparently the full report (!) will not be released until September.

I don't have time to read the information that has been released. Art Briles got fired and I need to complain on the internet about it.  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Valmy

Strong decided to pay a sympathy visit to the Dallas PD during Big 12 media days. I thought that was classy.

This Big 12 media days seems to be all Baylor-rape scandal all the time but at least it has more decorum than the Republican National Convention.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Not pictured: Vince Young sucking off men for gas money.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on July 19, 2016, 09:07:53 AM
The Big 12 commissioner is trying to give them a run

http://deadspin.com/big-12-commissioner-on-college-sexual-assault-teens-wi-1783861094?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Yeah that was groan-worthy and embarrassing. But you had to know if reporters kept asking about it eventually one of those dudes would eventually say some shit like this. Way to put the scandal behind us Commish.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 19, 2016, 09:08:41 AM
Not pictured: Vince Young sucking off men for gas money.

Nah he has a six figure job at UT protecting boosters' swimming pools from alligator attacks.

grumbler

So, USC and Alabama are starting up the smack talk for their Sep 3 game.

USC's entry is "Roll Tears Roll" 

Alabama's response is a major BUUUURRRNNN:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Yes, classy as always, Alabama.

alfred russel

So ND just got 6 guys arrested. One is now off the team, and one seems headed that way. The school has lowered admission standards, and recruiting has improved. But you know what won't work? Recruiting SEC type athletes, and then holding them to strict discipline standards.

Valmy

Huh. If somebody had told me one of our schools was going to be booting people off the team right before the big game I figured it would be Texas  :P

Yes well never go full Baylor. Kicking a few people off the team now can save you dozens of transfers later.

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on August 22, 2016, 12:16:32 PM
Huh. If somebody had told me one of our schools was going to be booting people off the team right before the big game I figured it would be Texas  :P

Yes well never go full Baylor. Kicking a few people off the team now can save you dozens of transfers later.

Yeah, when you are looking the other way as your team is raping its way through the coed population, you might have a festering problem.

But a traffic stop with an unlicensed gun and marijuana? A bar scuffle? At Auburn and Ole Miss, those might have you running the stadium stairs, if you are a repeat offender.

Valmy

The all important, and very significant, pre-season AP top 25 for us to laugh at:

Quote1. Alabama (33)

2. Clemson (16)

3. Oklahoma (4)

4. Florida State (5)

5. LSU (1)

6. Ohio State (1)

7. Michigan (1)

8. Stanford

9. Tennessee

10. Notre Dame

11. Ole Miss

12. Michigan State

13. TCU

14. Washington

15. Houston

16. UCLA

17. Iowa

18. Georgia

19. Louisville

20. USC

21. Oklahoma State

22. North Carolina

23. Baylor

24. Oregon

25. Florida

Not sure why the AP thinks Tennessee is not going to suck again this year.

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on August 25, 2016, 07:12:06 AM

They were 9-4 last year and finished the season really strong. They were competitive in all 4 losses. Butch Jones has been recruiting well and the team has been improving.

They have a serious chance to win the SEC East, though mainly because the SEC East blows. Georgia has a new coach; Florida has been rebuilding its offense for a few years. South Carolina is shit, Missouri was a dumpster fire last year. The remaining teams are Vandy and Kentucky.

dps

Quote from: alfred russel on August 25, 2016, 12:40:24 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 25, 2016, 07:12:06 AM

They were 9-4 last year and finished the season really strong. They were competitive in all 4 losses. Butch Jones has been recruiting well and the team has been improving.

They have a serious chance to win the SEC East, though mainly because the SEC East blows. Georgia has a new coach; Florida has been rebuilding its offense for a few years. South Carolina is shit, Missouri was a dumpster fire last year. The remaining teams are Vandy and Kentucky.

I see the logic, but winning a division that blows, well, I'm not sure that counts for all that much.  They might finish last if they were in the SEC West instead.