No, I wouldn't say anything
6 (18.8%)
I don't vote
3 (9.4%)
Who cares, where is the entrance poll?
2 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Maladict

This came up at lunch. I mentioned being asked a few times and then going with the most obscure or outrageous party on the ballot to mess with the results.
I was surprised several of my colleagues did the same, and one admitted being too embarrassed to tell the truth.

I wonder how common this is. Make it a hypothetical if you've never been asked.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Valmy

I would tell the truth so long as I was not being filmed or named or anything. If I was I would tell them to F off.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

lustindarkness

Two elections ago they had some young pissed-off bitch asking, I guess everyone answered the same way I did: "Mind your own business".
Last time it was a nice old lady asking, I told her nicely that I preferred not to say.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Brazen

Exit polls don't work - official.

QuoteThe failure of pollsters to forecast the outcome of the general election was largely due to "unrepresentative" poll samples, an inquiry has found.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35347948

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

I would say.

Quote from: Brazen on February 01, 2016, 10:55:31 AM

QuoteThe failure of pollsters to forecast the outcome of the general election was largely due to "unrepresentative" poll samples, an inquiry has found.

Pollsters have an issue with the mobile generation & call screening.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Richard Hakluyt

I'd say "none of your business".

celedhring

Got asked once; I gave the name of a loony party just to mess with them.

Martinus

I am surprised by responses here. Why would I not want to say who I voted for? :|

Monoriu

Zanza

Sure, why not? If I am too embarrassed to say who I voted for, I guess I shouldn't vote for them in the first place.

Monoriu

Quote from: Zanza on February 01, 2016, 12:52:30 PM
Sure, why not? If I am too embarrassed to say who I voted for, I guess I shouldn't vote for them in the first place.

Not sure if, or how exit polling is regulated in other places.  But one reason people no longer respond to exit polling here is because the polling is often done by the candidates themselves, not a neutral research entity.  So what you say is used to help individual campaigns as the election is still going on.  They can use the real time information to direct resources and volunteers etc. 

Zanza

Exit polls here are done by the same institutes that do the pre-election polls. As far as I know, they are fairly reputable and of course the exit poll is anonymous (they will write down some stuff like your age bracket or sex).

Gups

Quote from: Brazen on February 01, 2016, 10:55:31 AM

But there was only one exit poll and it did work - or at least worked a hell of a lot better than the hundreds of non-exit polls.