News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hillary vs Bernie

Started by Eddie Teach, January 31, 2016, 05:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Say you're at the Iowa Democratic caucus- who do you vote for?

Sanders
31 (46.3%)
Clinton
25 (37.3%)
Littlefinger
5 (7.5%)
Sanders, but only to make it easier for GOP to win
2 (3%)
Clinton, but only to make it easier for GOP to win
0 (0%)
Write in for Biden :(
1 (1.5%)
Write in for Trump :wacko:
3 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 17, 2016, 10:24:31 PM
I can't tell if you're being facetious or not, but honestly I can't remember the order of the characters either; it is the computer-language rendition of a barred equals sign, and it is used on Languish quite a bit to mean "does not equal."

I wasn't being facetious.  However, on re-reading your post I see I did not understand it.  Why way does the causality run between revolving door and outsized sector?

DGuller

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 17, 2016, 10:25:28 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 17, 2016, 06:18:48 PM
Any particular measures you're not skeptical of?

Capital regulation.

If a more radical approach would be desired then require all financial companies to operate through partnerships, as was traditionally done.  That would help tame excessive risk-taking.
:hmm: I'll go with that.

celedhring

Since they are measuring fundraising I guess it's to be expected to see well-off Zip codes at the top the list.

Valmy

Oakland laughs at the piddly incomes of Manhattan.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

My former district seems to have gotten confused.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

lustindarkness

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 17, 2016, 10:25:11 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 17, 2016, 06:18:48 PM
Although my interest is more in financial regulation as one means of changing the way the national wealth is distributed, rather than in maintaining the integrity of American high finance system as an end in itself.

I paid off my Jeep, and my credit score dropped 24 points two months later. 

No, smarmy cockfuck douchebags on Wall Street trading imaginary dollars are only one piece of the problem. The whole system needs to be rebuilt, preferably from rubble, and that's Bigger Than Bernietm

Has it started falling apart yet? :(
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on March 18, 2016, 02:18:41 PM
My former district seems to have gotten confused.

10025 = Columbia University and all the other schools in the area. Fertile ground for Sanders. I mean, #2 for Sanders is Ithaca...

I lived in 10026, incidentally.

garbon

Sure but number one has no schools. Full of minorities, gays and business folk. After all, I was all 3. :lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

San Francisco is prime Bernie territory.

You don't care for Pelosi much either, IIRC.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 18, 2016, 02:30:13 PM

No. I take care of my vehicles.

lustindarkness

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 18, 2016, 06:24:33 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on March 18, 2016, 02:30:13 PM

No. I take care of my vehicles.

But.. but.. it's paid for. And a Jeep.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Jaron

Bernie supporters are defiant!

After Hillary's wins in the South, they said "Just wait - the progressive states are coming up." Then Bernie lost in IL, Florida, Missoura, and Virginia.

Now they say "Just wait - the LIBERAL west is coming up." And so they bank their hopes on the west coast supporting the Bernie.

They need to fall back and throw their support to her imperial highness, Hillaria I.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Valmy

The Bernie supporters are so fanatical I am worried they will abandon the side of truth and righteousness when the general election comes. We will need every Fireblade to help us in Arkansas.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

citizen k

Quote from: Jaron on March 19, 2016, 10:36:34 PM
' - the progressive states are coming up.' Then Bernie lost in IL, Florida, Missoura, and Virginia.

:hmm: