News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hillary vs Bernie

Started by Eddie Teach, January 31, 2016, 05:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Say you're at the Iowa Democratic caucus- who do you vote for?

Sanders
31 (46.3%)
Clinton
25 (37.3%)
Littlefinger
5 (7.5%)
Sanders, but only to make it easier for GOP to win
2 (3%)
Clinton, but only to make it easier for GOP to win
0 (0%)
Write in for Biden :(
1 (1.5%)
Write in for Trump :wacko:
3 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Eddie Teach

Some bill from the Reagan years?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

I have to say I'm not a fan of this kind of innuendo posting.  I'm 80% Minksy is waiting to drop the punchline, and it's about something worse than guns.

The Minsky Moment

They all voted against TARP and for the "Audit the Fed" bill.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 21, 2016, 01:40:36 PM

Well those do sound like things extremists of both varieties would like :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

In this case it is all hard right wing nutbags, plus Sanders.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Eddie Teach

The Democratic establishment bought into the "too big to fail" argument, but unsurprisingly lots of the grass roots are against bailouts for banks. Bernie's campaign has been built on stuff like opposing TARP.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Capetan Mihali

Wow, big surprise, Bernie voted against the bailout. :mellow:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

DGuller

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 21, 2016, 01:40:36 PM
That's it, that's the reveal?  I personally disagree with these votes out of pragmatic reasons, but it is certainly in character for Sanders to be skeptical of both TARP and the Fed.  Both are probably necessary, but both are in the business of bailing out oligarchs under the guise that little people would be hurt as well if oligarchs had tough times.

Capetan Mihali

Fuck tha big banks and Bern said it with authority
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

PJL

Just confirms that both Trump & Sanders are tapping into the same discontent. It's not not much left vs right as the establishment vs outsiders.

Valmy

Quote from: PJL on March 21, 2016, 03:04:33 PM
Just confirms that both Trump & Sanders are tapping into the same discontent. It's not not much left vs right as the establishment vs outsiders.

Same reason Kucinich was always allying with Ron Paul about stuff.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Martinus

Yup, pretty much. I wonder if, assuming Clinton wins this one, this will go away or just get worse until the "outsider" candidate wins?

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on March 21, 2016, 03:13:49 PM

Yup, pretty much. I wonder if, assuming Clinton wins this one, this will go away or just get worse until the "outsider" candidate wins?

Oh it is only going to get more intense. 2020 will be a real freak show. I have no idea where this is going to take us. A major political re-alignment is coming.

Zanza

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on March 21, 2016, 02:13:39 PM
That's it, that's the reveal?  I personally disagree with these votes out of pragmatic reasons, but it is certainly in character for Sanders to be skeptical of both TARP and the Fed.  Both are probably necessary, but both are in the business of bailing out oligarchs under the guise that little people would be hurt as well if oligarchs had tough times.

You're obviously a pretty bright guy; in fact your SAT scores were borderline acceptable.  But this is a fairly tale characterization of both TARP and the Fed.