News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hillary vs Bernie

Started by Eddie Teach, January 31, 2016, 05:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Say you're at the Iowa Democratic caucus- who do you vote for?

Sanders
31 (46.3%)
Clinton
25 (37.3%)
Littlefinger
5 (7.5%)
Sanders, but only to make it easier for GOP to win
2 (3%)
Clinton, but only to make it easier for GOP to win
0 (0%)
Write in for Biden :(
1 (1.5%)
Write in for Trump :wacko:
3 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on March 01, 2016, 03:52:34 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 01, 2016, 03:33:47 PM
Quote from: Malthus on March 01, 2016, 03:08:39 PM
My outsider's impression is that the negative view of Hillary is all based on innuendo and deliberate malice, and gets its legs because she isn't an easy or natural public speaker, coming off as stiff, insincere and uncomfortable ... which is not to say she isn't horrible to deal with: I have no idea, never having dealt with her, but the sheer volume of excrement flung in her direction makes it practically impossible to get a grip on what she is "really" like.

I think there are some legitimate negative views on Hillary.  Namely that she (and Bill) are squarely in the hip pocket of the big banks and other rich corporate sponsors.  That she (and Bill) received millions and millions of dollars in speaking fees, and to the Clinton Foundation.

Isn't getting millions from rich corporate sponsors par for the course to an extent for 'establishment' political types in the US, in both parties?  How many haven't done so?

Well, yes, of course - but she and Bill have perfected the art.

Bill has earned over $100 million in speaking fees since leaving office.  Hillary has been in office so not able to earn such a large sum, but still demands hundreds of thousands of dollars in speaking fees.  And companies aren't paying those fees because Hillary is a compelling public speaker.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on March 01, 2016, 04:45:53 PM

Bill has earned over $100 million in speaking fees since leaving office.  Hillary has been in office so not able to earn such a large sum, but still demands hundreds of thousands of dollars in speaking fees.  And companies aren't paying those fees because Hillary is a compelling public speaker.

Well yeah. They are insiders, part of the establishment, the man, etc...

But that is who I want in that office right now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on March 01, 2016, 04:49:08 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 01, 2016, 04:45:53 PM

Well yeah. They are insiders, part of the establishment, the man, etc...

But that is who I want in that office right now.

Why not King George while you're at it?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

It's a lot more dignified than the way Sarah Palin has monetized her brush with political fame.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 01, 2016, 04:40:03 PM
Bill cheated on his wife, committed perjury, possibly suborned perjury, and worst of all, he was a liveral.

I was never interested in Whitewater, so no idea what the truth is there.

Bill Clinton was elected in 1992.  Impeachment of Bill Clinton was 1998 (note that the impeachment came out of the investigation of Whitewater).  What were they talking about between 1992 and 1998?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: The Brain on March 01, 2016, 04:49:57 PM

Well he has been dead since 1952. And he is not Constitutionally eligible. And he is not a US insider. But besides that I might consider him. I understand he can give a hell of a speech.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 01, 2016, 04:50:15 PM
It's a lot more dignified than the way Sarah Palin has monetized her brush with political fame.

We don't know that because we don't have Hillary's transcripts.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 01, 2016, 04:40:03 PM
Bill cheated on his wife, committed perjury, possibly suborned perjury, and worst of all, he was a liveral.

I was never interested in Whitewater, so no idea what the truth is there.

Fair enough - that's pretty much the truth. It's a bit of a journey to draw a line from that to Hillary being a cold evil bitch though.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on March 01, 2016, 04:53:00 PM
Quote from: The Brain on March 01, 2016, 04:49:57 PM

Well he has been dead since 1952. And he is not Constitutionally eligible. And he is not a US insider. But besides that I might consider him. I understand he can give a hell of a speech.

:D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on March 01, 2016, 04:51:24 PM
Bill Clinton was elected in 1992.  Impeachment of Bill Clinton was 1998 (note that the impeachment came out of the investigation of Whitewater).  What were they talking about between 1992 and 1998?

Gays in the military, ObamaHillaryCare, Bill's love life(starting with Jennifer Flowers in campaign), OJ, Rodney King, the Chicago Bulls, Boris Yeltsin...

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jacob on March 01, 2016, 04:53:47 PM
Fair enough - that's pretty much the truth. It's a bit of a journey to draw a line from that to Hillary being a cold evil bitch though.

I think that's mostly built on the belief that it was a marriage of opportunity for her and she didn't care about Bill's fidelity. Well, the cold part. Evil is automatic for anyone with a (D) attached to their name.

Jacob

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 01, 2016, 05:01:44 PM
I think that's mostly built on the belief that it was a marriage of opportunity for her and she didn't care about Bill's fidelity. Well, the cold part. Evil is automatic for anyone with a (D) attached to their name.

Seems like a reasonable analysis, though it also seems fairly insubstantial.

derspiess

Don't forget the things she said about Bill's accusers. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on March 01, 2016, 05:05:07 PM

It also leads to a bizarre place where one has to ask so was the right thing for Hillary to honor her vows and stay married or was she supposed to dishonor them and divorce Bill? What would she have done if she wasn't so cold and calculating?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jacob on March 01, 2016, 05:05:07 PM

Well, the description "cold evil bitch" isn't all that common. I don't think I'd heard it put so starkly before today.