Oberlin College Students: Cafeteria Food Is Racist

Started by jimmy olsen, December 21, 2015, 09:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Just chicken wings? How odd. I don't usually see wing bars as related to that stereotype.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

As someone with Italian heritage, Pizza parlors are fine.  As some one with Irish heritage, nobody should be forced to eat that crap.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on December 22, 2015, 12:06:11 AM
Just chicken wings? How odd. I don't usually see wing bars as related to that stereotype.

I don't remember what the side was. Probably chips or something along with carrots or celery. It is lunch for everyone so everyone gets the same thing and it needs to be easy to pass out. Usually we get premade subway sandwiches or chicken sandwiches from Chick Fil A. Sometimes dominos which makes everyone sad and one terrible day that will hopefully never repeat it was hardees.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

jimmy olsen

Quote from: alfred russel on December 22, 2015, 12:10:11 AM
Quote from: Valmy on December 22, 2015, 12:06:11 AM

I don't remember what the side was. Probably chips or something along with carrots or celery. It is lunch for everyone so everyone gets the same thing and it needs to be easy to pass out. Usually we get premade subway sandwiches or chicken sandwiches from Chick Fil A. Sometimes dominos which makes everyone sad and one terrible day that will hopefully never repeat it was hardees.

Hardess is fucking awesome.

Dominos ain't bad for chain pizza either.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Chick-Fil-A engages in microaggressions against atheists.

Hardess probably engages in microaggessions against the bowels.

dps

Actually, I think that serving Hardee's "food" to anyone counts as an atrocity.

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 22, 2015, 12:32:56 AM

I can't believe you are in a position to educate children.

Quote from: ToniChick-Fil-A engages in microaggressions against atheists.

Yes, but it is tasty as far as fast food goes, which at lunchtime overcomes a lot.

Quote from: ToniHardess probably engages in microaggessions against the bowels.

There is nothing micro about it.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: alfred russel on December 22, 2015, 12:39:29 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 22, 2015, 12:32:56 AM

I can't believe you are in a position to educate children.

Local pizza places are of course superior, but amongst chain resteraunts its pizza is pretty good. Certainly better than Pizza Hut.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 22, 2015, 12:57:22 AM

Local pizza places are of course superior, but amongst chain resteraunts its pizza is pretty good. Certainly better than Pizza Hut.

Pizza Hut is also an abomination. I think some frozen pizzas are better. I think Papa Johns is better. California Pizza Kitchen is better.

But we are really dumbing down this competition if we are comparing it to other bad restaurants. I groan when given Dominos pizza for lunch not because of its relative place in the chain pizza hierarchy, but because it has the dual whammy of being unhealthy and tasting bad.

Martinus

Quote"We DEMAND a written form that assures us of the institution's commitment to increase the number of black psychologists within the Counseling Center. Furthermore, we DEMAND that Black students be able to sit in on the interviews of these HIGHLY QUALIFIED candidates in order to ensure that these professionals cater to the needs of the Black students. We also DEMAND the hiring of Black healers/non western health practitioners because not everyone finds comfort and healing solely from a psychologist."

This must be a joke.  :huh:

Archy

Hallal meat should be killed by real Muslims otherwise it isn't authentic.  ;)

Josquius

I guess it's a sign that racial equality is now at a pretty good stage that all they have to moan about is poor quality sushi.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on December 22, 2015, 01:50:33 AM
I guess it's a sign that racial equality is now at a pretty good stage that all they have to moan about is poor quality sushi.

It's absolutely not, which makes this posturing and carrying on much worse. There are real problems they should be protesting.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 22, 2015, 02:24:46 AM
Quote from: Tyr on December 22, 2015, 01:50:33 AM

It's absolutely not, which makes this posturing and carrying on much worse. There are real problems they should be protesting.

Yes, I think that, at least in some areas, we are going backwards.

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on December 22, 2015, 01:35:43 AM
Quote"We DEMAND a written form that assures us of the institution's commitment to increase the number of black psychologists within the Counseling Center. Furthermore, we DEMAND that Black students be able to sit in on the interviews of these HIGHLY QUALIFIED candidates in order to ensure that these professionals cater to the needs of the Black students. We also DEMAND the hiring of Black healers/non western health practitioners because not everyone finds comfort and healing solely from a psychologist."

This must be a joke.  :huh:

Oh they are.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.