Oberlin College Students: Cafeteria Food Is Racist

Started by jimmy olsen, December 21, 2015, 09:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Legbiter on December 22, 2015, 04:30:15 PM
Eh, with all the "safe space" whining, they seem to want segregation back.

That's true too.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on December 22, 2015, 04:28:25 PM
Btw, this should make conservatives think: six month after the SCOTUS legalized gay marriage, you narry hear a peep from the gays.

Instead we hear about the transgendered.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 22, 2015, 02:06:56 PM
Quote from: celedhring on December 22, 2015, 09:14:14 AM
Isn't General Tso's chicken like the American version of actual Chinese food?

Not THE version.  We eat other stuff too.  My understanding is General Tso's is one of the dishes that Chinese invented in the US.

Taiwanese in NYC I think.

http://www.thesearchforgeneraltso.com/
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on December 22, 2015, 02:34:58 AM
Yes, I think that, at least in some areas, we are going backwards.

Huh. Perhaps only in the sense we white people are more aware of how racist some of our compatriots are now that they have the internet around. It seems to me things are moving forward everywhere.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ancient Demon

Quote from: Valmy on December 23, 2015, 01:34:28 AM
Huh. Perhaps only in the sense we white people are more aware of how racist some of our compatriots are now that they have the internet around. It seems to me things are moving forward everywhere.

The notion that this is only about the attitudes and opinions of "we white people" is part of the problem.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Martinus

The Brain

Students are some of the dumbest people in America. They should simply be ignored.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on December 23, 2015, 04:02:02 AM
Students are some of the dumbest people in America. They should simply be ignored.
Yep.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on December 23, 2015, 10:21:44 AM
Quote from: The Brain on December 23, 2015, 04:02:02 AM
Yep.

And by extension a similar approach should be applied to people depending on how recently their completed their education.  :smarty:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 22, 2015, 04:42:40 PM
Btw, this should make conservatives think: six month after the SCOTUS legalized gay marriage, you narry hear a peep from the gays.

True, but that's not "gays demanding more" per se. It would be more as if, after getting their political rights, black people demanded rights for another ethnic group. Or something like legal recognition of great ape personhood.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Ancient Demon on December 23, 2015, 03:04:37 AM
Quote from: Valmy on December 23, 2015, 01:34:28 AM

The notion that this is only about the attitudes and opinions of "we white people" is part of the problem.

I guess I thought Dick was referring to things like the UKIP and Trump so that is where I went.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on December 23, 2015, 10:53:56 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 22, 2015, 04:42:40 PM

True, but that's not "gays demanding more" per se. It would be more as if, after getting their political rights, black people demanded rights for another ethnic group. Or something like legal recognition of great ape personhood.

<_<