Oberlin College Students: Cafeteria Food Is Racist

Started by jimmy olsen, December 21, 2015, 09:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Oberlin is where the fat girls who couldn't get into Wellesley go. It's a terrible place. Best to avoid.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

Hardee's is better than McDonald's or Wendy's(for burgers at least, though I like their chicken sandwiches). Though really, it's such a quick and simple meal you can prepare one at home and spend less time and money than going to the drive-through.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Legbiter

It's funny how relentlessly racist & sociopathic one can be as long as you do it under the guise of socjus.  :showoff:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Caliga

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 22, 2015, 05:18:31 AM
Hardee's is better than McDonald's or Wendy's(for burgers at least, though I like their chicken sandwiches). Though really, it's such a quick and simple meal you can prepare one at home and spend less time and money than going to the drive-through.
Finally someone shows up in the thread who can spell Hardee's correctly. :hug:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 22, 2015, 12:03:28 AM
Quote from: garbon on December 21, 2015, 11:48:24 PM
They both did. The first was definitely down to lack of awareness as the food manager was mortified when she found out. The latter also happened and I know as I was pushed by the other black students to boycott dinner. I was very hungry that night. -_-

Where did they find the mammies?

Seedy's kitchen.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 22, 2015, 02:24:46 AM
Quote from: Tyr on December 22, 2015, 01:50:33 AM
I guess it's a sign that racial equality is now at a pretty good stage that all they have to moan about is poor quality sushi.

It's absolutely not, which makes this posturing and carrying on much worse. There are real problems they should be protesting.

What should they be protesting?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Isn't General Tso's chicken like the American version of actual Chinese food?

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Archy on December 22, 2015, 01:41:17 AM
Hallal meat should be killed by real Muslims otherwise it isn't authentic.  ;)

Really? Sometimes Muslims rely on kosher meat since the ritual is pretty close.  :smarty:

Archy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 22, 2015, 09:30:45 AM

Really? Sometimes Muslims rely on kosher meat since the ritual is pretty close.  :smarty:
Just making the same redenation as those students. They'll decide what ethnic food should be.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: celedhring on December 22, 2015, 09:14:14 AM
Isn't General Tso's chicken like the American version of actual Chinese food?

Not THE version.  We eat other stuff too.  My understanding is General Tso's is one of the dishes that Chinese invented in the US.

derspiess

IIRC the only requirements (beyond not being from one of the forbidden animals) is that a person of the book slaughter the animal a certain way (slice the neck and let it bleed out) and murmur Allah's name.  So it can be a Jew, Christian or Muslim doing the slaughtering. 

Josquius

A lot of muslims don't really care about halal if they're hungry and its there.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Btw, this should make conservatives think: six month after the SCOTUS legalized gay marriage, you narry hear a peep from the gays. Yet 60 years after the SCOTUS ended segregation, blacks are still not satisfied. Ergo: gays are much easier to appease.  :P

Legbiter

Eh, with all the "safe space" whining, they seem to want segregation back.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.