Star Wars Discussion Thread contains spoilers (and may contain nuts)

Started by Josephus, December 15, 2015, 10:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 07, 2016, 04:51:21 PM
How come he wasn't issued a moustache, like the rest of Lando's guys?   Grandfathered in?

Lobot has no hair whatsoever - not even any eyebrows.  Yet you focus in on his base lip?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Barrister on January 07, 2016, 04:54:48 PM
How come he wasn't issued a moustache, like the rest of Lando's guys?   Grandfathered in?

Lobot has no hair whatsoever - not even any eyebrows.  Yet you focus in on his base lip?

How do you know he has NO hair, anywhere?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Barrister

Quote from: celedhring on January 07, 2016, 04:07:58 PM
I could go for that, McGregor's Obi Wan deserves to be in a decent Star Wars story. Not a trilogy though.

I dunno - I'm kind of not interested in prequels.  We know how the story ends up!  That goes for the Rogue One as well.

Barrister

Quote from: lustindarkness on January 07, 2016, 04:57:25 PM

:ph34r:

Malthus

Rule 34!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Star Wars can be blamed for a number of subsequent trends.

Syt

Another theory that's out there: Kylo Ren joined the Dark Side in order to destroy it from within. "I will finish what you started" would mean "bring balance to the Force" or "destroy the Dark Side." His lure to the light side would be because he knows he has to embrace the dark side in order to pull this off, but is afraid of it. And it would put a different spin on his killing his father, making Solo's death the ultimate sacrifice to ensure the Dark Side will be defeated.

It's pretty tenuous and I think some scenes contradict it, but it would be an interesting arc for him.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Has there been any leaks yet about Kylo Stimpy? I guess he's in Ep 8.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Quote from: Syt on January 09, 2016, 03:09:54 AM

It's pretty tenuous and I think some scenes contradict it, but it would be an interesting arc for him.
too tenuous for a SW or Disney movie ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on January 09, 2016, 03:09:54 AM
Another theory that's out there: Kylo Ren joined the Dark Side in order to destroy it from within. "I will finish what you started" would mean "bring balance to the Force" or "destroy the Dark Side." His lure to the light side would be because he knows he has to embrace the dark side in order to pull this off, but is afraid of it. And it would put a different spin on his killing his father, making Solo's death the ultimate sacrifice to ensure the Dark Side will be defeated.

It seems fairly obvious that Ren will eventually come to the Light Side in a cathartic moment much like his Grandfather.  But I am not sure how the whiny insecure Ren now has that as his plan.

viper37

If he is redeemed, it would be seconds before his death by Rey.  I can't see them repeating VI all over again.  Even Disney has more imagination than that.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: viper37 on January 09, 2016, 03:13:10 PM
If he is redeemed, it would be seconds before his death by Rey. 

Because she will have gone to the dark side by then.

That would be cool.  :cool:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josephus

just saw it.

Brilliant.

Yeah, it paraellels the original film a lot, but still thought it was enjoyable.

Shame about Han, really Ford is the only of the Big Original Three who could act.

One thing, I'm pretty sure the chick is Luke's daughter. She has all the good Force/Jedi abilities without training already. The Old Lady said Luke's saber was drawn to her or somesuch.

I thought Han's son was a bit weak. He could barely contain a Storm Trooper in battle, and the chick gave him the fight of his life. He should have killed them both with ease.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: Josephus on January 09, 2016, 05:55:06 PM
I thought Han's son was a bit weak. He could barely contain a Storm Trooper in battle, and the chick gave him the fight of his life. He should have killed them both with ease.
he was injured, and his goal was to capture her, not kill her.

celedhring

Kylo Ren must have some impressive neck and shoulder muscles because they make it look like that helmet weighs a lot.