Star Wars Discussion Thread contains spoilers (and may contain nuts)

Started by Josephus, December 15, 2015, 10:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on January 06, 2016, 01:37:58 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 06, 2016, 01:35:58 PM
Come on - "Luke I am your father" came out of absolutely nowhere!  It was a huge shocker back in the day.

Rey is probably someone's daugher.  It could be Obi-Wan, or Wedge Antilles, or Lando, or Boba Fett, or Lobot, or whomever.  But I hope she's not a Skywalker.

Of course she is a Skywalker. The whole series is about the Skywalker family. Wedge Antilles :lol: really?

Wedge Antilles gets a laugh, and not Lobot? :yeahright:

"Star Wars is about the Skywalker family" is what George Lucas used to say.  This isn't Lucas' baby any more.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on January 06, 2016, 01:30:35 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 06, 2016, 01:29:12 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 06, 2016, 01:22:49 PM
except about Rey being Luke's daughter.  That's such an obvious conclusion that it better be a fucking head fake by Abrams. <_<

I disagree. This is Star Wars not the Usual Suspects.

Snoke was Luke all along!  :hmm:

You know that theory is out there. :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on January 06, 2016, 01:39:28 PM

Wedge Antilles gets a laugh, and not Lobot? :yeahright:

"Star Wars is about the Skywalker family" is what George Lucas used to say.  This isn't Lucas' baby any more.

True but Abrams is a Star Wars fanboy. He will do the right thing. Finn is also somebody's son which is why he was able to resist the brainwashing that worked on 99.999999% of the other Storm Troopers.

Sorry I didn't know who Lobot was.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

katmai

What does Abrams have to do with  it anymore, he's one and done.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on January 06, 2016, 01:42:41 PM

Oh he is? Who is doing episode VIII?

Barrister

:yeahright:

He's still the Executive Producer for 8 and 9.

Valmy - Rian Johnson is directing Ep 8.

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on January 06, 2016, 01:45:23 PM

Johnson is also the writer if i recall correctly.

Valmy

Huh. I don't remember anybody ever calling him by a name in that film. It must have been hard for Lobot to raise a family after he lost his lucrative job at Cloud City. No wonder he had to abandon his only child :weep:

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on January 06, 2016, 01:48:22 PMJohnson is also the writer if i recall correctly.

Was he the writer for this film as well? If so then I am alright with it. I look forward to 'The First Order Strikes Back'

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on January 06, 2016, 01:49:36 PM
Quote from: katmai on January 06, 2016, 01:48:22 PMJohnson is also the writer if i recall correctly.

Was he the writer for this film as well? If so then I am alright with it. I look forward to 'The First Order Strikes Back'
Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan co wrote VII

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on January 06, 2016, 01:48:22 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 06, 2016, 01:45:23 PM

Johnson is also the writer if i recall correctly.

That's what IMDB says.

But surely they've laid out the broad brushes of where this story is going to go, right?  Or is that asking too much from the man who brought us Lost. :(

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on January 06, 2016, 01:52:39 PM
Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan co wrote VII

Well then color me confused. I hope he does a decent job with that opening scene on the Ice Planet.

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on January 06, 2016, 01:39:28 PM
Quote from: Malthus on January 06, 2016, 01:30:35 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 06, 2016, 01:29:12 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 06, 2016, 01:22:49 PM
except about Rey being Luke's daughter.  That's such an obvious conclusion that it better be a fucking head fake by Abrams. <_<

I disagree. This is Star Wars not the Usual Suspects.

Snoke was Luke all along!  :hmm:

You know that theory is out there. :lol:

It's obvious once you think about it!

- Han Solo Jr.? Who just happens to 'turn to the dark side'? And who is now "Snoke"'s loyal follower? Who trained him in the force? Luke!
- You never actually see "Snoke". Just a hologram projection. That could be anyone from anywhere.
- Luke's "disappearance" may be when his GF found him transmitting as "Snoke". She flees, drops their kid off at a nearby planet, Luke kills her. Luke makes himself scarce in case anything incriminating turned up, leaving his faithful pupil - Han Solo Jr. - to carry on his "work".
- This explains why Luke was glaring at Rey when she turned up. He was all "WTF do you know about me?" 
- The First Order wasn't really hunting Luke. They were hunting anyone who knew shit about Luke, to keep his secret. That's why they killed everyone in that little village. 

:D

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martinus