And we're back!

Main Menu

XCOM 2 is out, OK, THIS TIME FOR REAL

Started by Pedrito, December 10, 2015, 03:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Quote from: katmai on February 07, 2016, 06:46:49 AM
Quote from: Syt on February 07, 2016, 06:36:00 AM
Most of the data is easily modded as it's in txt files. There's already mods changing/removing the time limits.
:yes:
I didn't do that change, but bumped up default squad to 6 from the 4.

Okay, Tim.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

katmai

Quote from: Jaron on February 08, 2016, 12:36:05 AM
Quote from: katmai on February 07, 2016, 06:46:49 AM
Quote from: Syt on February 07, 2016, 06:36:00 AM
Most of the data is easily modded as it's in txt files. There's already mods changing/removing the time limits.
:yes:
I didn't do that change, but bumped up default squad to 6 from the 4.

Okay, Tim.
Did i say was editing save files?

Go fuck yourself wetbackmoron.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

You ARE a wuss, katmai. Reduce the difficulty of you can't take it with 4 guys :p

Tamas

As punishing as the turn limits can be, they make for some epic moments, when you manage to just make it. :)

Plus I like the satisfaction of a well timed and executed ambush. Fun game. Just having my first properly going game (so far) after a few restarts, as I have been ironmaning it.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Tamas on February 08, 2016, 06:11:48 AM
As punishing as the turn limits can be, they make for some epic moments, when you manage to just make it. :)

Plus I like the satisfaction of a well timed and executed ambush. Fun game. Just having my first properly going game (so far) after a few restarts, as I have been ironmaning it.

That's what I really enjoy about the turn limits too. The missions become very tense and give you a sense of hopelessness in the face of incredible odds. And then sometimes you win  :)
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

DGuller

I think +4 turns mod is the best compromise.  You can't crawl forever, but you're never forced to just run for the extraction point and hope enough shots miss.  I'm not saying that all the missions are tight, but with the wrong combination of generated map and the timing of triggered aliens, every once in a while your entire squad will be inexplicably captured or slaughtered while dashing for the extraction point.  And this being an XCOM game, things working 90% of the time aren't going to cut it.

garbon

I did just have a extract hostile VIP mission where I nearly failed because my squad was far from the extraction point. Last 2 turns were just run as far as you can and hope your shields absorb alien fire. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Iormlund

Game is pretty much unplayable for me. Every time I do something it takes forever to process. The game doesn't freeze or lag, it's like it just sits there doing nothing.

It took me over half an hour to do the tutorial mission alone.

katmai

I lost Zoupa :weep:

First languishite to die.

If you are in languish Facebook group you are in my roster of possible recruits.

FunkMonk

Quote from: katmai on February 08, 2016, 09:49:11 PM

If you are in languish Facebook group you are in my roster of possible recruits.

That's a great idea  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

katmai

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 08, 2016, 09:58:03 PM

That's a great idea  :lol:

Zanza, Garbon, and AmScip are all alive and kicking ass.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Iormlund on February 08, 2016, 06:17:49 PM
Game is pretty much unplayable for me. Every time I do something it takes forever to process. The game doesn't freeze or lag, it's like it just sits there doing nothing.

It took me over half an hour to do the tutorial mission alone.

pressing caps lock apparently speeds up loading (either going from or going to the avenger, maybe both) I read somewhere. beneficial bug for once

Tonitrus

:(

katmai

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 09, 2016, 08:31:05 PM

:(
You are immortal like that PDH guy.