Donald Trump Calls for Barring Muslims From Entering U.S.

Started by Syt, December 07, 2015, 05:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on December 07, 2015, 11:04:41 PM
If this is history repeating itself as farce when was the tragedy?

Spain's expulsion of the Muslims.  That is an event worthy of mentioning Grumbler is old enough to have witnessed.

Savonarola

And it's all Trump, all the time on CNN.  Let's see what's the latest pressing story about the Donald is:

QuoteJ.K. Rowling says Trump is worse than Voldemort

(CNN)Donald Trump, who stood by his call for "a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States" Tuesday on CNN's "New Day," is facing a firestorm from Democrats, Muslim Americans and a wide range of Republicans — from Dick Cheney to Marco Rubio.

But one of Trump's latest critics, "Harry Potter" author J.K. Rowling, may have some of the harshest words yet for the Republican front-runner's controversial policy proposal.

"How horrible," tweeted Rowling, along with a BBC report on Trump's call to ban Muslims. "Voldemort was nowhere near as bad," she added.

And fans of the fantasy novels know just how serious a comparison to the "Dark Lord" is.

Voldemort is the central villain in the series and considered to be the most powerful "Dark Wizard" of all time.

And Rowling, who is no stranger to political commentary, received a wave of support from "Harry Potter" fans around the world, calling her "queen."

Meanwhile, Trump says his call for a ban is only "temporary" until "the country's representatives can figure out what's going on."

That's too extreme for me; I was hoping for a candidate closer to Moriarty or maybe Fu Manchu on the scale of villainy. 
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Tamas

Ed Anger

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 08, 2015, 10:59:18 AM

Spain's expulsion of the Muslims.  That is an event worthy of mentioning Grumbler is old enough to have witnessed.

Grumbler remembers Titus going over the Jerusalem wall in 69AD
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 08, 2015, 11:02:31 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on December 08, 2015, 10:59:18 AM

Grumbler remembers Titus going over the Jerusalem wall in 69AD

Grumbler remembers the wall being built.

Ed Anger

Tamas

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 08, 2015, 11:06:48 AM
Grumbler remembers riding velicoraptors.

Grumbler is old enough to have first hand knowledge that humans did not evolve until after velicoraptors were extinct.

Ed Anger

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 08, 2015, 11:12:56 AM

Grumbler is old enough to have first hand knowledge that humans did not evolve until after velicoraptors were extinct.

I've been to the creationist musuem. YOU ARE WRONG.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 08, 2015, 11:15:29 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on December 08, 2015, 11:12:56 AM

I've been to the creationist musuem. YOU ARE WRONG.

If they didn't have a Grumbler exhibit the historical accuracy is wanting.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

But is he worse than, say, Sauron or Emperor Palpatine?  :hmm: