News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 20, 2019, 06:28:51 PM
Powell should ratchet up interest rates to 10% at the next FOMC meeting and start a recession just for the Trump lols

Some here would like that.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on February 20, 2019, 07:58:33 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on February 20, 2019, 06:28:51 PM
Powell should ratchet up interest rates to 10% at the next FOMC meeting and start a recession just for the Trump lols

Some here would like that.

I hope not as doing stupid shit for the lolz is what got us in this mess to begin with.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

I would be willing to pay some amount of money, and hence willing to forego some amount of economic growth, for Trump to be gone.  I would be willing to pay more if Trump were gone and his supporters realized the error of their ways.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on February 20, 2019, 07:55:29 PM
Aaaaaand Jussie is now a suspect. The #justiceforjussie hash tag has a whole new meaning now.

I can see that this is very important to you.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Habbaku

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 20, 2019, 08:10:22 PM
I would be willing to pay some amount of money, and hence willing to forego some amount of economic growth, for Trump to be gone.  I would be willing to pay more if Trump were gone and his supporters realized the error of their ways.

Ditto. Double my taxes and I'd be happy.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

FunkMonk

Quote from: Razgovory on February 20, 2019, 08:38:12 PM
Quote from: derspiess on February 20, 2019, 07:55:29 PM
Aaaaaand Jussie is now a suspect. The #justiceforjussie hash tag has a whole new meaning now.

I can see that this is very important to you.

To be fair it's an interesting story.

Not at all important in the grand scheme of things, but still interesting.

I look forward to the Netflix documentary about it in 10 years.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Zoupa

derspiess desperately wants to talk about this fait divers  :lol:

Admiral Yi

11B4V

Eh, dudes a POS. He should be kicked off his show and his career should be over for gay bashing.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

dps

Habbaku

Quote from: dps on February 21, 2019, 04:25:14 AM
Uhm, you are aware the he's gay, right?

He hired two thugs to lynch a gay guy!
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

derspiess

Quote from: Zoupa on February 21, 2019, 01:19:05 AM
derspiess desperately wants to talk about this fait divers  :lol:

I had to look that one up :D

I will admit to having been borderline-obsessed with this story. When it broke, it was so full of holes and the details were so far-fetched-- yet you had many people, particularly celebrities and politicians, seize upon it for political gain.  AOC lashed out at any news outlet that dared call it an alleged attack.  Kamala Harris & Cory Booker called it a lynching and used the incident to promote an anti-lynching bill.  Ellen Page went on Colbert's show and blamed Pence (!) for the attack, to roaring applause.  And so on and so on. 

People who dared question any of the details were branded homophobes, racists, or worse yet-- Trump Supporters.  Now unfortunately some of that group are now themselves overplaying their hand and spiking the football. 

And Smollett himself has sort of fascinated me throughout the whole thing.  He goes on tour right after the incident, eats up all this new attention, and proclaims himself Gay Tupac.  When things begin to unravel with the story, he goes on Good Morning America for a softball interview and doubles down on the lie.  He may not be particularly smart, but he's a good enough actor to fool people.

Anyway, Smollett has been arrested.  I'm sure there's more drama to unfold but my interest is now fading a little.  So I'm less desperate to discuss this than I was a few days ago :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HVC

Fake victimization for publicity aside what really makes Smollett a piece of shit is that when the cops said they found suspects he said he would testify against them. This was before he found out the suspects where the two brothers he paid off. Dude was going to testify against two innocent people to keep the charade going.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Tamas

All the shit Trump and his supporters do and say have been made okay by this one crazy black guy's fake crime. :)