Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

frunk

Quote from: Syt on February 15, 2019, 02:46:22 AM
I really can't tell anymore.

For me it doesn't matter which it is.  Either the writer is dumb or an asshole.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Valmy

Man I cannot wait to become more and powerful than the rest of the world combined.

Why are we worried about the Russians having Uranium? They are one of the top producers of Uranium in the world.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on February 15, 2019, 12:09:43 PM
Man I cannot wait to become more and powerful than the rest of the world combined.

Why are we worried about the Russians having Uranium? They are one of the top producers of Uranium in the world.

The American right has morphed the Uranium one story into "Hillary gave all our weapons grade Uranium to Russia".  I guess that solves a conundrum for them.  If the Uranium One deal was crooked, why hasn't Trump simply seized the mine as the proceeds of a criminal conspiracy.  If you come to believe that it's stockpiles of fissile material then that question doesn't come up.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

+1
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

Quote from: garbon on February 15, 2019, 01:52:05 PM

+1

Guess you guys are jealous of grumbler for having been around in 1945.

grumbler

Quote from: dps on February 15, 2019, 02:38:45 PM
Guess you guys are jealous of grumbler for having been around in 1945.

We had some good innings.  Sorry about the global warming thing, though.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

Well, of course my sisters share this, too. :P

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

...that's when we can stop wearing these dumbass hats!

No clue on that reference.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall