Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Syt

QuoteSo A Bill, To ALLOW FAMILIES TO REMAIN TOGETHER, which is what the Democrats have hounded Trump over the last few weeks, with Fake Media Stories, was just struck down BY ALL THE DEMOCRATS...... all 190 of them... let that simmer a moment

My sister reposted this post by ... *looks up poster* ... a dude. Something tells me there were maybe other things in the bill that made the Dems reject this, like, oh, 25 billion for a wall, or curbs on legal immigration.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Actually the bill would have passed easily if the Republicans had all voted for it :hmm:

Ah well.

Ok I looked up that bill. It is pretty huge in its scope.

Among other things it orders DHS to take over the southern border and monitor the social media activities of all visa applicants. That seems to me to further justify my decision to not use social media so I cannot be monitored. But it may be too late for me. I don't know how normal this sort of monitoring is.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on June 28, 2018, 09:03:48 AM

Among other things it orders DHS to take over the southern border and monitor the social media activities of all visa applicants.

There are probably a zillion people that get US VISAs. This seems like a massive use of resources.

QuoteThat seems to me to further justify my decision to not use social media so I cannot be monitored. But it may be too late for me. I don't know how normal this sort of monitoring is.

Do you really have anything to worry about? I know this is not the social libertarian angle to take, but my attitude is that if people want to go through my stuff/life, I'm pretty boring--they won't find anything anyway.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on June 28, 2018, 09:29:20 AM

Do you really have anything to worry about? I know this is not the social libertarian angle to take, but my attitude is that if people want to go through my stuff/life, I'm pretty boring--they won't find anything anyway.

I can get pretty fiery sometimes and say stupid shit I shouldn't say and, for example, the whole GamerGate thing blew up on twitter a couple years ago and for awhile, not really knowing what was going on, I was talking to people about that on there. I don't know what sort of shit might upset my political masters here in the state government or whatever entity I may need something from in the future. If I am being monitored best not to have anything out there for somebody to find. Especially since this is just for shits and giggles.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on June 28, 2018, 09:59:41 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on June 28, 2018, 09:29:20 AM

I can get pretty fiery sometimes and say stupid shit I shouldn't say and, for example, the whole GamerGate thing blew up on twitter a couple years ago and for awhile, not really knowing what was going on, I was talking to people about that on there. I don't know what sort of shit might upset my political masters here in the state government or whatever entity I may need something from in the future. If I am being monitored best not to have anything out there for somebody to find. Especially since this is just for shits and giggles.

Yep, it is something a lot of employers now do as part of their due diligence

Valmy

I noticed Louis Gohmert voted against the bill. Interesting. Did it not go far enough for him?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

Right-winning does make one good point: there's something about Trump's piety that just gets under my skin.

40% of our country is clinically insane.

Eddie Teach

He's an orange opportunist secularist, 0 for 3.  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

DGuller

One of the things that never cease to amaze me is that despite falling for fake news at a rate of 10:1 to liberals, conservatives never lose confidence enough to stop "educating" the liberals.

garbon

Also, aren't liberals the ones more likely to care about those kids with parents in prison? :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

I don't get it. Liberals complain about mass incarceration all the time. And what the media for that matter.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on July 02, 2018, 09:49:34 AM
Also, aren't liberals the ones more likely to care about those kids with parents in prison? :D

I know. I am so confused.

But maybe Syt's sister can explain.