News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

As has been suggested, a generic thread for venting about the things our yet-friends and family members post on Facebook that we bear in silence so as to not to make interactions more awkward than they already are.

My oldest sister and her husband have just shared the following. As best I can tell they did so unironically.

Quote‪#‎MarkZuckerburg‬
THANK YOU, MARK ZUCKERBERG, for your forward-thinking generosity! And congrats on becoming a dad!
Mark Zuckerberg has announced that he is giving away $45 billion of Facebook stock. What you may not have heard is that he plans to give 10% of it away to people like YOU and ME! All you have to do is copy and paste this message into a post IMMEDIATELY and tag 5-10 of your friends. At midnight PST, Facebook will search through the day's posts and award 1000 people with $4.5 million EACH as a way of saying thank you for making Facebook such a powerful vehicle for connection and philanthropy.
I hope someone I know gets a piece of the pie--let me know if you do!!!...because I know you all have the true Christmas spirit and would do AMAZING things! 🏻

And the usual political re-posting.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

All that fancy education didn't teach The Donald the difference between it's and its.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on December 06, 2015, 01:56:46 PM
All that fancy education didn't teach The Donald the difference between it's and its.

America is citizens. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Duque de Bragança

Toutes mes condoléances au peuple français.
Translation: All my sympathies to the French people.

From a German, no less. ;)
Context: high score for the FN in regional elections, except in Paris. Highest score ever in Île-de-France but lower than most other regions but Brittany, Le Pen's region. ;)

PS: there is no Ed in this picture, no need to look for him. Traffic in Paris scares him.

Liep

My French friends react with more drama over this than my Swedish friends when Sverigedemokraterne won. Pictures of burning passports has been posted.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on December 07, 2015, 08:14:06 AM
My French friends react with more drama over this than my Swedish friends when Sverigedemokraterne won. Pictures of burning passports has been posted.

Real ones?  :lmfao:

mongers

Quote from: Syt on December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM
As has been suggested, a generic thread for venting about the things our yet-friends and family members post on Facebook that we bear in silence so as to not to make interactions more awkward than they already are.

Syt, good implementation of a thread idea.  :D

We can widen it to other media like twitter? Because there's whole other worlds of stupid out there.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

Quote from: mongers on December 07, 2015, 09:17:28 AM
Quote from: Syt on December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Syt, good implementation of a thread idea.  :D

We can widen it to other media like twitter? Because there's whole other worlds of stupid out there.  :)

Sure. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Brazen

Valmy

I think it is really to commiserate about friends and family posting stupid shit and we not being able to tell them what morons they are. You can probably feel free to just tell IBM they are morons without ruining too many relationships.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

The smugness of my brother in law re: is anticonsumerism annoys the shit out of me.

Eventually, I am going to call him out on it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

False Equivalency. God I hate those. Weird that they have a picture of Jefferson and not Madison.

And Hillary it seems wants to introduce birthright citizenship.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Brazen on December 07, 2015, 09:35:40 AM
Can we include corporations? IBM's #hackahairdryer campaign to attract women engineers was a recent epic fail.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/dec/07/ibm-sparks-anger-with-hackahairdryer-campaign-aimed-at-women

So the challenge designed to attract women not in STEM into the field is not as difficult as the ones women already in the field are working on? 

That's outrageous!